ByJoe Horner 2020-04-13 2102
Is AirPods Pro Waterproof? Well, the short answer is no, they’re not entirely waterproof. But the AirPods Pro earphone is water-resistant, which means it can handle sweat and water spills, including rain. However, the AirPods Pro earbud is unlikely to survive if you submerge it underwater. So, how water-resistant are AirPods Pro?
According to Apple official, the AirPods Pro has a water resistance rating of IPX4. This means they won’t get damaged from sweat or splashes of water, but they will get damaged if they are completely submerged in water.
What does this IPX4 rating mean? The “IP” stands for Ingress Protection or the rating system. The first number after IP represents the device’s level of resistance to dust and other solid particles. The second number represents its resistance rating against liquids.
So, the AirPods Pro IPX4 rating means they are resistant to splashes of water coming from any direction. Their solid particle resistance rating of X simply means they did not undergo this specific test. They can resist sweat if you use them while exercising, but they should not be used for water sports. If you get caught in the rain, your AirPods Pro might survive while you make a run for it, but they will likely stop working if you drop them in a puddle.
Please take note that the AirPods Pro charging case is neither waterproof nor water-resistant, you need to take care when using it.
Follow these tips to avoid damage to your AirPods Pro:
If your AirPods Pro are exposed to liquid through any of the scenarios above:
● Wipe them clean with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
● Allow them to completely dry before using them or placing them in the charging case.
● Don’t expose AirPods Pro to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye. All of these can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.
If your AirPods Pro are exposed to any of these:
● Wipe them clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
●Allow them to completely dry before using them or placing them in the charging case.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased AirPods Pro from us and still have a problem after reading this post, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Haylou LS05 VS Haylou LS01: What's the Difference Between These 2 Haylou Watches?|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Global Version VS Chinese Version VS International Version|
|How to Turn your Xiaomi Mi Band 4 as a remote shutter for Android camera?|
|HUAWEI Watch GT2e VS Watch GT2: What's The Difference Between Them?|
|N95 VS KN95 Face Mask: How to Choose?|
|Roborock T7 Unboxing Review: The Best Roborock Robot Vacuum Cleaner As For Now|
|How to Unlock Your Windows PC / Laptop with Xiaomi Mi Band 4?|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 VS Huawei P40 VS OnePlus 7T: Which is Better?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehouses
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)