ByGB Blog Official 2016-10-22 7587
All you need is any old shoe box along with some basic office supplies. It’s fun, simple and easy – you can even do it at home.
It’s time to get the big picture. Just follow our easy-to-use tutorial.
First, let’s see what we’ll need to make our DIY projector.
- Magnifying lens
- Duct tape
- Shoe box
Step 1: Preparing the lens
• Carefully use your saw to cut off the handle from the magnifying glass.
• Reinforce the box by gluing the flaps and corners of the box together (to add stability).
Step 2: Lens placement
• Position your box in an upright position.
• Place your magnifying lens on top then center it. Use a pencil to trace the cut line.
Step 3: Cut a perfect round hole
• Cut carefully to ensure that edge is as smooth as possible.
Step 4: Inserting the lens
• When you put the box lid back on, it may block a portion of your lens (depends on the size of your lens and box).
• Use your previous cut out as a stencil, then carefully remove any excess cardboard blocking your lens.
Step 5: Set your phone
• Set your phone to the highest brightness because more light results in a brighter projection - don't forget to lock the screen.
• This is required as the lens inverts the light source (your phone's display) to the projected image.
• Position your phone's screen in a topsy-turvy position to prevent it auto rotating.
• Change your lockscreen setting and disable the phone’s auto rotate.
Step 6: Flip the image (optional)
• If required, download an app that flips the orientation of the image.
Step 7: Adjust your projector.
• Like all projectors, this DIY projector needs to be calibrated too.
• Position your phone at the very end of the box then slowly move it closer to the lens.
• You will notice that the image will turn sharper/softer.
• Move it back and forth until you get the sharpest projection.
Step 8: Turn off the lights and grab the popcorn!
•In order to get the best projection effect, you need to turn off the light
• Play your favorite multimedia on your new DIY projector and enjoy!