ByIngrid Wilhelmina 2017-05-08 5033
Calling / Sound issues
Sometimes the microphone has a low sound, and I have to speak louder to make myself heard.
To solve all these problems, you can:
Firstly, please check if there is something dirty or protective film on the microphone. If so, just gently clean and remove them from the microphone.
Another possible reason is forgetting to unplug earphones during the call. If the problem continues, try the following solutions:
● It can be the result of poor signal, so move to other open areas where has a good signal, then try to call again.
● There might be a setting error, try restoring the device to its default factory state in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone". Warning: Please remember to back up any important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● Turn up the volume by pressing the volume plus button when answering a phone call.
● Call other people in your contacts, if it is the same problem, it means your microphone has something wrong, your phone needs to be professionally repaired. Contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair, alternatively, just examine and repair it in local phone repair shops. If not, it is the issue of the receiver's microphone.
● Try to reboot your phone because there might be some temporal system errors, rebooting can solve them.
● Check whether you have opened the call forwarding function. Enter the phone's call settings, click call forwarding function to check. If yes, please cancel the settings, otherwise, all the phone calls will be transferred to another set phone number.
● Check whether you have launched the call firewall function. Enter the phone's setting to have a look. If you have set it, cancel this function.
● If all the settings are fine, have you installed any other call management application or phone management / safety application? If yes, maybe you have set blacklist and blocking function, enter the app to check and cancel these restricted settings.
● Restore the phone to its default factory state in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone". It can remove all the possible reasons if you feel it hard to figure out what the reason might be.
● Once all solutions cannot work it out, the call related hardware might be damaged. Take it to a phone fixing store to check and repair.
Charging / Battery issues
Playing online game is a high power-consumption activity, which will make the CPU work at a high speed and overheated easily, thus causing the system crash and shutdown. Therefore, the sudden shutdown of the phone can be the system fault caused by system incompatibility or the battery might be completely drained.
● If the battery is completely drained, it will enter a protection state. Connect and charge the phone using its original charger. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery. Then charge the device for a while (about 10 minutes), continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Once it is the system fault, restore the phone to its factory default settings. While powering off, hold the power button and the volume up buttons together to enter the phone's Recovery Mode. Using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select, choose "double wipe" or "double W", i.e. wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. Then reboot the phone by choosing "reboot system now".
● Should the above solutions be ineffective, the circuit board may be poor contact with the battery contacts, the mainboard is damaged, or the battery has something wrong. Get in touch with our aftersales service to arrange a product return/factory repair or fix it in a local phone repair shop.
● You may have opened too many background apps and functions. To decrease the power consumption, turn off unnecessary apps, processes and functions, e.g. Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, HotKnot, etc.
● Higher screen brightness can also consume more power. Adjust the brightness to a moderate level to reduce the power draw.
● The battery could also be suffering from the "memory effect". At its boot state, fully charge the battery and remove the phone from the charger. Then fully discharge/drain the battery. Repeat this procedure three times. Next, reboot the phone into Recovery mode: long press the power button and volume up button together. Choose the following option: "Recovery - advanced - wipe battery status".
● If these fixes do not resolve the battery drain problem, there may be a battery fault. We recommend replacing the battery.
● If you have used your phone for a long time, check all the connectors for any visible signs of oxidation. Carefully remove any residue and try to charge the phone again.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol (ethanol) and carefully wipe the port. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has completely dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge the phone using the original USB charger to ensure the input and output power values do not affect the charging process.
● If the HOMTOM HT7 Pro 4G phablet still cannot be charged, press the phone's power button three times and then hold the power button it down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains AC. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for some time and then try booting the phone again.
● If the phablet can be used normally after replacing a battery, it will be the problem of the battery. Just replace your battery in local phone fixing store.
● If the phablet is still unusable even you have replaced battery for many times, but it can only use several days. This can be the hardware issue, i.e. the USB port, or the mainboard is damaged. Go to a local repair store to fix the phone, or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
Firstly, if this occurs while the HOMTOM HT7 Pro phablet is charging, stop charging - the touchscreen should be responsive again. The charging current is known to sometimes disrupt the screen sensitivity.
Another cause is damage from drops or bumps, the impact can affect the delicate circuitry and components inside the device. In this situation, we strongly advise you to consult a professional phone repair store, or replace the screen display.
If these two steps do not resolve the display issue, try the following steps:
● Too many junk files, an excessively large cache, or redundant files on your HOMTOM HT7 Pro phablet can all lead to system slowdown (lag), causing the touchscreen to be less responsive. GearBest recommends regularly cleaning the phone using a reputable third-party maintenance apps, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, AVG Cleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.
● It might because your phone is dead or in a false dead state. Just try rebooting your phone.
● If the problem happens to be caused by a major system failure, try restoring the phone to its default factory state in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone". Warning: Please remember to back up any important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If phone reset even cannot help, it might be caused by firmware update failure. Due to network interruption or other issue during the update process, the system files are damaged, and the files about touchscreen is unavailable. Just update the firmware again. While different phone version has its different flash package. So you need to consult our support staff and provide your phone version number, then you will get a corresponding flash package.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the screen display itself may be faulty. We strongly advise arranging the screen to be professionally repaired or replaced.
● Firstly, simply reboot your phone after shutting down.
● If rebooting still cannot get it right, restore to the factory settings. Remember to back up the useful data in your phone for this operation will damage the information about contacts, messages, photos, etc. The specific steps are listed as follows:
(1). At its power off state, long press the power button and volume plus button to enter the Recovery Mode.
(2). Release the buttons when the screen is bright, and appears the following images, if not, repeat the step 1.
(3). Navigate to "wipe data / factory reset" with volume plus and volume minus button and confirm with the power button.
(4). Navigate to "Yes, delete all user data" with volume plus and volume minus button and confirm with the power button.
(5). Wait for a moment, choose "reboot system now" to reboot your phone, and confirm with the power button.
● Once all the above solutions are invalid, flashing your phone will be your last choice. You can flash your phone. While different phone version has its different flash package. So you need to consult our support staff and provide your phone version number, then you will get a corresponding flash package.
Sometimes the phablet auto powers off irregularly. Try to address the issues with the following solutions:
● If you can boot the phone normally, uninstall the most installed applications, to avoid any possible software compatibility/conflict issues.
● Use either the phone's built-in management app or a reputable third-party maintenance app to clean different aspects of the Android system regularly, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, AVG Cleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.
● Restore the device to the default factory settings in phone's "Settings - Personal - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone". Warning: Be sure to back up your important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If you are unable to boot the device at all: with the phone powered off, long press the power button and volume up button at the same time to enter the Recovery Mode. Navigate to "Restore to Factory Settings" with the volume button and confirm with the power button.
● If even the factory reset cannot resolve the problem, try flashing the phone's ROM. While different phone version has its different flash package. So you need to consult our support staff and provide your phone version number, then you will get a corresponding flash package.
● Should all the solutions still be ineffective, it points to an underlying hardware problem. Contact the aftersales support service for a product return and repair.
No, it doesn't. Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is an industry standard for a mobile HD audio / video interfaces. It can be applied to connecting portable consumer electronic devices like mobile phone, tablets and more to high-definition TVs and audio receivers. Only using a signal cable, it can be displayed on an HDTV.
The ROM is for worldwide use, no international version or other version.
HOMTOM HT7 Pro phablet is the 5-tap touchscreen.
We hope this practical guide helps you get even more from your HOMTOM HT7 Pro 4G phablet. If you require further technical assistance about a specific issue not covered in this guide, feel free to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our professional support staff will deal with your query as promptly as possible. Thanks for reading!