ByAdeline Belluz 2018-01-29 1825
● Check mobile data is switched on. Scroll down the screen to see if the Mobile Data is on, if not, tap the icon. If it's already on, turn it off and on again.
● The cellular data internet is disabled after you pay the fee. Press and hold the power button until Reboot option appears, choose Reboot to restart your phone.
● Check if you have set data plan. If you have a mobile data limit and exceed the limitation, then you cannot surf the internet through cellular data. Go to Wireless & Network - SIM cards & mobile networks - Set data plan, turn off the plan.
● Take out the SIM card and reinsert it, be sure you have inserted the card correctly. If you inserted it fine but the phone hasn't cellular data, change another phone to check if the SIM card has problem.
● Make sure that you have opened surfing function for the SIM card.
● Factory reset your phone if above methods don't work, or ask the seller for help.
The UMI ROME X phone supports dual SIM dual standby, if one SIM card doesn't work:
● Check if you have activated the SIM card: Settings - SIM cards - SIM card 1 / SIM card 2 - Activate, tap the option.
● Insert the SIM card 1 to the SIM card 2 slot. If it works fine, maybe the SIM card 2 is overdue or it has something wrong. If the card doesn't work as well, clear the SIM card slot and your card with a soft cloth.
The SIM card 2 still doesn't work after trying above solutions, maybe the SIM card slot is broken, please contact the aftersale service to fix the phone.
Charge the phone for about 30 minutes, then long press the power button to start the phone.
Change another charging cable to charge the UMI phone. If it doesn't power on, you can try:
● Activate the battery: plug the phone into the original charger, long press the power button for 30 seconds to activate its battery, then check if the phone can boot up or not.
● Factory reset the phone in Recovery Mode: press and hold the power button and volume UP button (some phones use power button volume Down button) at the same time, release the buttons after an Android icon appears on the screen, use the volume buttons to choose "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button to confirm. Select "Yes - delete all user data" and confirm, then choose "Reboot system now" option using volume button and confirm. (Notice: factory reset will lose all your data on the phone.)
Change another effective charging cable to activate the phone battery or factory reset the phone in Recovery Mode. If all solutions not working, go to local mobile phone fixing shop to repair the problem, or contact the seller for help.
● Remove the apps that installed recently if you can enter the phone system.
● Restore the phone to factory settings. Go to phone Settings to backup the data and factory reset your phone. If you can not enter the phone system, try factory reset the UMI ROME X in Recovery mode: press and hold the power button and volume UP button at the same time, release the buttons after an Android icon appears on the screen, use the volume buttons to choose "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button to confirm. Select "Yes - delete all user data" and confirm, then choose "Reboot system now" option using volume button and confirm. (Notice: factory reset will lose all your data on the phone.)
● Flash the smartphone with its ROM firmware.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased UMI ROME X phablet from us and still has problem, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible.
|You may also want to read:|
|Solve UMI ROME X phablet screen & camera problems|
|How to fix unresponsive touch screen on Android phone|
|How does wireless charging work? Here's what you need to know|