ByZim Watson 2017-05-13 42730
The highlight of this Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW E27 smart bulb is its smart feature - it can connect to the phone through the Mi Home app, therefore, we can control the bulb remotely through your phone, which really facilitates our life. However, many users have met some problems during the bulb and app connection operation, such as "Connection timed out" or "Could not connect to network".
If you meet these connection issues, firstly, please refer to the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart bulb connection guide to check whether you have followed the correct steps to make the connection. If not, please connect the bulb to the app again with the right operation.
If you have followed the above steps, but still cannot make the connection, refer to the below reasons and solutions.
1. System error: simply reset and re-connect
● Continuously turn the bulb on and turn by its physical switch 5 times, with 1 second internals.
● After the light color changes, and the bulb is lit again, the reset is finished.
● Don't turn off the bulb.
● Open the Mi Home app, follow the connection operation guide to connect again.
2. The WiFi router doesn't set appropriately
● Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb only supports 2.4GHz WiFi (5GHz WiFi is not possible). Simply change the WiFi router signal frequency setting, if it doesn't support to set the signal frequency, change other matched WiFi routers.
● The WiFi router name should not contain any Chinese characters. So just modify the router's SSID name.
Make your home more colorful at Yeelight smart LED light up to 35% OFF.
Gadgets that every housewife needs at Home Gadgets Up to 64% OFF.
● The Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW E27 smart bulb only supports Android 4.0 and above version OS or iOS 7.0 and above version OS.
● If your phone OS version doesn't match the requirement, the connection won't be stable or won't be done. So please change another qualified phone to try again.
● And sure, the phone needs to feature the WiFi function.
● Check your WiFi router security level.
● If the level is set to "High", the WiFi may automatically not detect or show the bulb.
● Set the security level to "Low". Once the bulb has connected, you can set the level back.
If none of the solutions work, it points to a product defect, contact the after-sale service for help - request a replacement or a refund.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW E27 smart LED bulb from us, but this guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW E27 bulb lighting and color issues|
|How to connect Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW smart LED bulb with phone|