BySigismondo Eisenhower 2019-08-16 1935
This is the Inertial Measurement Unit, part of the flight control unit, which contains several sensors necessary for the stable flight of the drone.
● Accelerometer: measures the speed of the drone, in three directions
● Gyroscope: measures speed angular in relation to the rotations performed by the drone
● Barometer: evaluates pressure changes, in a nutshell the drone measures if it is rising in altitude
● Thermometer: measures temperature changes over time
This is a part of fundamental importance for the stability of drone flight, and for this reason it is necessary to correctly calibrate this component, thanks to some tips and the use of the application DJI GO
There are a few tips on the preliminary steps to follow in order to perform an optimal calibration of the IMU. They are small details but offer a range of better performance for stabilization and flight of the drone
● Calibration on a flat surface is required to set the positions correctly during this step. Also important because the drone understands its position in space, and if calibration does not take place on a suitable surface, then the aircraft may have difficulty correcting its movements in case of disturbances, such as in windy weather conditions.
● Never touch the drone during calibration, except to make the position changes indicated by the application, only when the system requires it for the progress of the procedure.
● Fully charged batteries. This is important because the process takes a few minutes and it is better to make sure that the device does not turn off during this phase. It would just be time wasted and you'll also have to wait a while before doing it again, and this detail is closely related to the next one
● Start calibration with the drone just switched on. This is not a small detail, in fact it is much better to start this phase with a cold drone, and the reason is simpler and more important than you might think. That is, the drone at the time of calibration records its temperature during the ignition phase, so at a new restart, it will be necessary for the drone to reach that temperature to start the system, and this results in a waiting of the pilot before starting.
With the DJI Phantom 4 the performance is high thanks to the presence of a dual IMU platform, and that's why the phase is really delicate and in this guide here are all the steps to follow
After placing the drone on a flat surface with the battery fully charged, the calibration procedure has to be started. An operation that takes about 10 minutes, with a few steps to follow directly from the application. But let's see step by step what this is about
● start the DJI GO 4 application
● select go fly and enter the room view
● select general settings in the top right icon
● select MC setting, the first side icon at the top
● select advances settings
● select sensor status
● select IMU calibration
● select start
Now the calibration phase begins, and it is imperative not to move the drone except when required by the application.
Follow the instructions on the screen and position the aircraft as shown on the screen will be shown the 6 positions in which to put the drone to perform the calibration.
At this point the calibration procedure has been successfully completed, as indicated by the final screen on the application.
If the calibration has not been successful, it is necessary to resume the procedure from the beginning, taking care to have a fully charged battery and wait for the DJI Phantom 4 PRO to cool down.
|You may also want to read:|
|Rumors：DJI Mavic MiNi, Spark 2 or Osmo Mobile 3 will released on August 13|
|AMAZFIT Bip 2 VS AMAZFIT GTR: Full Specifications and Features Comparison|
|Huawei Hongmeng OS (Harmony OS) was officially released on HDC: features and highlights|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
i12 TWS Earbuds Pairing Problem Fix Guide