ByLinky Johnson 2018-11-21 246
Before buying a flashlight, you need to identify the following six goals:
● Purpose: at the beginning of the purchase you should figure out what you want to use to buy a flashlight. Hiking, exploring, biking, hunting, or just playing?
● Carry: do you need to carry a flashlight every day or only when you use it? The ease of carrying will directly affect the sense of what you use later.
● Brightness: You should determine whether your flashlight's brightness requirement is to be able to illuminate or must be particularly bright.
● Environment: what is the environment where you use the flashlight, the arctic, the desert, or diving?
● Frequency: daily use or occasional use, the quality of the flashlight and battery choice will directly affect the life and cost of the flashlight.
● Budget: how much will you pay for a flashlight?
If you understand the above, then start the shopping trip.
When you get up at home or only when you walk, you usually need a flashlight with sufficient light, medium brightness, good color rendering, and a color temperature of 4000-6000k white light.
1. Flashlight type: you can use 18650 rechargeable flashlights. Select CREE XPE series light source (portable, high power, high brightness, the continuation time is about 4 hours and the quality is stable. Maybe you'll say later “I start to use it ten years ago”. Or the 3 7-size battery flashlights of the CREE XPE series. Batteries can be bought everywhere and carried conveniently. The endurance time is about 2 hours. If you don't think your life is ideal, choose a battery or buy a dimming product.
2. Required brightness: A 1W LED flashlight is sufficient. If a rechargeable battery is used, the current at the LED end can generally reach more than 350MA and the power consumption of LED is more than 1W if the rechargeable battery is used. If you are prepared to use a non-rechargeable AA battery, it is better to use a smaller one, for example, with a current of about 1A at the end of the cell. The current at the end of the LED is generally below 300MA and the power is less than 1W. If it is a rural dirt road or mountain road, I do not recommend using a dry battery flashlight, preferably with 18650 bobbin, the current reaches up to 750MA. The power consumption of LED is about 3W. The brightness of 1W LED is the same as that of the iron flashlight. Is it really bright?
3. The light color of LED, Choose 4000-6000k color temperature on weekdays. The higher the color, the brighter the flashlight. (The higher luminous efficiency per watt). If it's a mountain area or if there's a lot of fog, it is best to use warm white or natural white led to increase penetration. At the same time, you can use flashlights as high as you can.
4. The frequency of daily use should be very high, so rechargeable batteries are recommended to save money and protect the environment.
5. The dimming flashlight is more practical in daily use. Because the environment is changeable, dimming can meet various needs in the case of saving electricity.
6. Use what reflective system: It is recommended to use orange peel cup or shallow glossy cup for daily use. Of course, if the beam angle of the flashlight is high, you can choose the adjustable light.
7. Desired appearance: According to personal preferences. You must know how far to go.
8. Waterproof performance required: Be able to prevent heavy rain from flooding
9. Price: According to personal economic strength, the general choice of a low price cylinder is sufficient.
1. Flashlight type: Portability is important because it is portable. This type of flashlight is preferred for the 7 dry battery because of its small size. Or you can choose an 18650 rechargeable flashlight. The lens is recommended because the volume is smaller than that of the glass.
2. Required brightness: Portable flashlights and everyday flashlights have a lot in common, except that they must be small enough to be portable when similar performance is achieved. So I think the requirement of a flashlight is much higher than that of a walking cylinder. Another feature of a portable flashlight is that it only takes a few seconds or minutes to light up most of the time, without considering the heat generated when it is lit for a long time, so you can choose a CREE XPE light source with a higher brightness. When a lithium battery is required, the current must reach the 750MA, which is 3W; when using other ordinary cells, the current must reach the maximum output that the battery can achieve.
3. The light color of LED: White color is OK. Because white brightness is higher.
4. Battery: In pursuit of highlight, you can use all kinds of lithium batteries. Use dry batteries if you don’t use it frequently. Because lithium batteries can self-discharge. Using dry batteries is a good solution.
5. Dimming: High, medium, low, flashover, SOS. Preferably in groups. But the most used ones are high, middle and second. Actually, it's okay not to file.
6. with what cup: lens is recommended. It is smaller than a light cup.
6. Desired appearance: it must be wearable, like stainless steel, titanium. The last thing to do is hard oxidation of aluminum alloys. Or in a few days it will be 50% new.
7. Required waterproof performance: Be able to prevent heavy rain from flooding.
8. Price range: The usual choice is one that is a little more expensive. Its utilization rate is high.
Cycling should be divided into professional cycling and daily cycling. Professional cycling requires a high level, and a flashlight that can meet a professional bike must also satisfy a daily ride, so here it is only professional cycling. In fact, the so-called professional biking here is only based on speed and riding time. A professional cyclist should be able to maintain the speed of 30km/h, which equals 8.4m/s. At this rate you should choose a flashlight that can illuminate 30-50 meters away, and remain guaranteed duration of 2-3 hours. If one said he could reach the speed of 70km/h, isn’t that enough for a flashlight like this? We just want to say, please slow down and cherish life. Night is not suitable for mountain road descent.
1. Flashlight type: Because it's riding, first of all, it has to be fixed. Second, not too long, too long will affect riding. Again, it's important to adjust the pitch angle. Fourth, to be able to adjust the light, because the city does not need to be too bright. (In particular, it is necessary to have headlights under the street lights in the urban areas, because the opposite cars cannot clearly see the people riding by the roadside under the street lights. Especially when there are shadows of shrubs and other plants or trees, the lights are turned on not to illuminate the road, but to let the driver see you.) Fifth, it needs enough long endurance time. Sixth, it must be resistant to fall and not to touch the rider. Few cyclists do not fall. In view of the above conditions, it is recommended to choose professional riding lamp, ordinary flashlight cannot meet these needs.
2. Required brightness: The bike lamp must be luminous enough to ensure that the cyclist can see the distance between 30 and 50 meters ahead. The beam angle doesn't have to be too narrow. Because it's too narrow to see the road near the front of the car. It is recommended to select CREE XPG R5 light source or CREE T6 light source series products.
3. The light color of LED: Suggested to choose 4000-5000K color temperature products.
4. Battery: for highlight and long duration, it is recommended to select a 26650 rechargeable battery product or a spare battery if the cycling time is longer than 2 hours.
5. Dimming: High, medium, low, SOS. Flashes are more useful in urban areas, So that the driver can see you a long way away.
6. With what cup: It is recommended to use a shallow smooth cup, because the light source power is high, so it is recommended to choose metal cup, aluminum cup cannot withstand high temperature.
7. Desired appearance: As long as it meets the performance requirements, you can choose a product with a little personality.
8. Waterproof performance: can prevent being washed by heavy rain.
9. Price range: According to personal economic strength, the general choice is a bit more expensive one. Riding is a risky business and an investment is necessary.
Outdoor search (hunting, etc., needs to be highlighted, must be fired from a distance). Generally speaking, it is necessary to have a small panorama, and it is best not to have a panorama when special requirements are required. The greater the brightness, the better. The color rendering is mainly based on the weather and the target the search needs. There is a high demand for the flashlight.
Flashlight type: Must be 18650 or 26650(high power, high brightness, high distance emission, succession time 1.5 hour to 3h). If you don't need a good spot, you can use a flashlight with a lens that has a minimal light spot.
Required brightness: Most of the LED is used over frequency, and the current must reach the limit of LED. It is general for Q5 current to reach 1000MA, and it reaches the limit when it reaches 1200MA. It is general for T6 current to reach 2000MA, and it reaches the limit when it reaches 2800MA. Because when adding current, luminous intensity increase is small. But LED life is greatly reduced, so it is not recommended to exceed the maximum.
3. In humid conditions, it is best to use warm LED, namely white 3000K. Under dry conditions, it is best to use white LED, because white light is brighter than warm color. In special cases, let me give you an example. When you look under a tree for a yellowish bird belly in the leaves, use the white light. The leaves reflect very strongly. The belly of the bird was too white to find. But when you use warm light, you find that the reddish light is absorbed by the green leaves (Green leaves do not reflect red light. If you go out with pure red light, you will find that very green leaves are black and the trunk is red). But the yellowish belly of the bird appears white and wobbly.
If you want bright, high-power light sources, the batteries must be strong enough. You are recommended to use 2 26650 batteries, 4500MA per battery. 2 batteries are enough for above 4 hours.
5. What kind of gear does the circuit need: High, middle and low third gear is the most reasonable? Never flash.
6. With what cup: Because of the need for less light, so absolutely not use orange cup, generally using a deeper large-caliber smooth cup. When there is no floodlight in extreme cases, the lamp is usually surrounded by black paper, leaving only the central glare to exterminate the light on the black paper. For example: When the bird you're looking for is a clever and extremely vigilant turtledove, just flash into a distant tree and half the forest dove will fly. You can only use the center of the spot, a tree fork to search the past, just when the dove buttocks, not its head, you can enjoy it.
7. Desired appearance: It is generally required that the bobbin be black.
8. Required waterproof performance: At least be able to prevent heavy rain, because sometimes wading, so the general requirement is to be able to soak in cold water at high temperatures.
9. Price range: Depending on what long-range performance one needs to achieve. In order to achieve high brightness and super long range performance, the medium and high price flashlight is generally chosen.
Camping flashlights must be able to meet both travel and tent lighting requirements, and therefore must be both narrow and floodlit.
1. Flashlight type: The need for narrow light is about the same as for a home flashlight, without too much brightness. It can just to illuminate the walking route. The floodlight is required to illuminate the tent and its surroundings. But it requires a longer life span, so a dedicated flashlight is needed.
2. Required brightness: The requirement of brightness is not high, narrow light CREE XPE light source can completely meet the requirements. It is recommended to use 6-9 patches or straw hat light source for flooding, because the brightness is higher at the same power.
3. Led light color, white 4000k-5000k is recommended.
4. Battery: 4000MA or more rechargeable batteries are recommended. Or 1 18650 battery with a mobile power bank. It can supply power to other equipment.
5. What kind of gear does the circuit need: High, medium, low, and flashover.
6. With what cup: Shallow light cup for narrow light, direct transmission illumination for panoramic light. Keep large angles without glass or lens.
7. Required appearance: Camping flashlights are with you for a long time and need to be upright or suspended in the tent. Therefore, special selection of appearance is needed.
8. Required waterproof performance: At least it can defend heavy rain.
9. Price range: middle and high price products are recommended. It's a functional product, after all.
It is put in the car. A flashlight that you can easily get when it needs to be used. Generally speaking, adequate flooding is required. Medium brightness; Good reliability after long period of vibration.
1. Flashlight type: straight cylinder is recommended. You can use an 18650 straight cylinder. High power; high brightness; the continuation time is about 3 hours. Of course, other functions can be added, such as life-saving hammer, flashing red light, emergency battery and so on.
2. Required brightness: If it can satisfy the small area illumination, it is OK. Of course, if there is a long and bright floodlighting, it is better. The wider the better.
3. LED light color: If you have to walk or repair your car sometimes, it's better to use warm white.
4. Battery: It is recommended to use a rechargeable battery, which is convenient to fit the car.
5. What kind of gear does the circuit need: High, medium, low, and flashover. Flash is necessary. It can serve as a reminder of the back car, but it can't be a high-power white flash. It's easier to hit someone in the eye if they're blinded.
6. With what cup: Because the exposure is often close, if the spot is too concentrated but not clear, so the request is very good, so we recommend a shallow orange cup. The reason for using a shallower light is not only that the light is shallower, but also that the light emitted by LED can be reflected directly without reflecting through the reflecting bowl.
7. Desired appearance: It must be wear-resistant. Or if the car vibrates, it took three days to polish the exterior coating.
8. Required water-proof performance: Be able to prevent heavy rain.
9. Price range: According to individual economic strength, middle price products are enough.
|You may also want to read:|
|【Tech News】 Just $15.59! Xiaomi Beebest super bright zoom flashlight|
|Utorch | Awesome selection of premium flashlights & lighting|
|Jetbeam Jet-μ Flashlight|
Jetbeam Jet-μ Flashlight