ByLinky Johnson 2019-04-17 2377
If You do not know, the IMEI is the International Mobile equipment Identity (or International Mobile Equipment Identification, in free translation). It is a unique and global identifier number, present in telephone devices (such as mobile phones) and in Brazil it is used to block the mobile phone in case of theft or robbed.
In Addition, the IMEI is also responsible for discovering whether a mobile phone is pirated or blocked at Anatel, since the National Telecommunications Agency has started blocking pirate phones in Brazil.
There are a few clues to discovering the IMEI of your mobile phone that was stolen or lost. Thus, you can lock the IMEI of the device in the carrier.
● If you still have the phone case, the IMEI code is close to the bar code of the handset. It consists of four groups of numbers, such as 000000-00-000000-0. The IMEI may also appear without hyphen, but must be between 15 and 16 digits.
● If you have an iPhone, go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with the Apple ID that was connected to the phone that was stolen or lost. Under Devices, click your iPhone. The model, system version, serial number and also the IMEI should appear.
● If you have an Android, go to the Find my device website and sign in with the Google account that was connected to your phone. Then, look for the phone in the sidebar and click (i). The IMEI of the device should appear.
● If you have a Galaxy, go to the search phone website and sign in with your Samsung account that was connected to your phone. So, look for the phone in the sidebar and click on the three dots. Then, enter IMEI Info and the device code should appear.
If none of the above alternatives have worked, there are still hopes. According to Anatel, it is no longer necessary to inform the IMEI number to block a stolen phone. You only need to enter the phone number and, if it has two chips, speak the number of the two lines.
It is Worth remembering that if you had your phone stolen or robbed, it is also necessary to make a report. See more details on stolen phone? How to lock the IMEI of the device in the carrier. Then, just contact the carrier. These are the contact numbers:
● OF Course: 1052
● Hi: 1057 or * 144
● TIM: 1056 or * 144
● Live: 1058 or * 8486
● Nextel: 1050 or (11) 4004 – 6611
● Porto Seguro Connect: 10544 or * 333
It Is worth pointing out that the carrier may request your identity document, case report and other relevant information before blocking.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to use IMEI number to track your lost Android phone|
|How to find the IMEI number of Xiaomi smartphone|
|How to use MI Cloud to find your lost Xiaomi phone?|
What is IMEI code?