ByGoraud Mazanec 2019-08-19 1304
In Google's Android a crucial distinction has to be made: the basic operating system software is one thing, open source, and its proprietary software is quite another. For a few years now, Google has been bringing a good part of its applications to the Play Store as external services based on Google Play Services.
Among them are the platform's star services, such as Gmail, but also other less fundamental ones such as the clock and calculator application itself. The complete list today is quite long and since at least 5 years is included among them the Google Camera independently.
The Google Camera, or GCam, as it is called in the Android community on the Internet, is only compatible with Pixel devices. The current condition is that they are on Android 9 Pie, so it is restricted to the original Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 3 and the most recent Pixel 3a.
The Pixel camera is among the best in mobile photography right now. Its processing is different from that found in Apple or Huawei devices, the other great referents. Even so, if you like images rather cold, with a high contrast of series and a greater sensitivity to light, this is the software you can try to improve image quality without spending a single euro. And if you like the results, collaborate with the group.
Depending on both the version we install and the mobile in which we do we will receive some shooting modes or others, or these will be completely compatible or fail at some points. It is also possible that the images taken appear with a good amount of artifacts.
Luckily, people in the XDA-developers community have worked on adaptations or ports of the Google camera to make it compatible with a variety of Android smartphones.
The list is long and we will rarely have an experience identical to that of Pixels, but the quality of some of the images is well worth a try. The devices that a priori have compatibility are reflected in a list with a link to the respective threads, where the status of each implementation is detailed. So far they are as follows:
● Asus: ZenFone 3, ZenFone 5Z, ZenFone 6, ZenFone Max Pro M1, ZenFone Max M2 and ZenFone Max Pro M2
● Essential: Essential Phone PH-1
● Google, of course, all of them: Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
● Honor: Honor View 20
● HTC: HTC 10, HTC U11, HTC U12+ and HTC U Ultra
● Huawei: P30 Pro
● LeEco: Le 2, Le Max 2 and Le Pro3
● Lenovo: K6 and variants, P2, ZUK Z2 Pro and ZUK Z2 Plus
● LG: LG G4, LG G5, LG G6, LG G7 ThinQ, LG Q7, LG V20 and LG V30
● Motorola: Moto G5, Moto G5 Plus, Moto G5S, Moto G5S Plus, Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus, Moto X4, Motorola One and Motorola One Power
● Nokia: Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 7.1, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8, Nokia 8.1
● Nubia: Red Magic 3
● OnePlus: OnePlus One, OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3 and 3T, OnePlus 5 and 5T, OnePlus 6 and 6T, Oneplus 7 and 7 Pro
● Oppo: Reno 10x Zoom
● Little: Pocophone F1
● Razer: Razer Phone and Razer Phone 2
● Realme: Realmi 2 Pro and Realmi 3
● Samsung: Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A70, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+.
● Xiaomi and Redmi: Mi 4C, Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 6, Mi 8, Mi 8 SE, Mi 8 Lite, Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20, Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 9 SE, Mi A1, Mi A2 and Mi A3, Mi A2 Lite, Mi Max 3, Mi 2S, Mi Mix, Mi Note 3, Redmi 3S, Redmi 4A, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi 5A, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 5 Plus, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi S2
Since the repository of compatible .apk installation files - it is necessary to allow the installation from external sources - can be somewhat confusing for newcomers, they have a lighter compilation in which there are only some of the most stable ports of the different developers involved for different versions of the Google application. So, from there, if a version is not fully functional in our device we can try an older one or another developer.
In general, it is easy for applications to work better if the features are maintained from one phone to another, and they will do so between more similar mobiles. This is true, for example, with Xiaomi's adaptations from one market to another. For example, the Redmi K20, which is distributed exclusively in Asia, reaches Europe and its stores such as the Mi 9T. The same will happen, it seems in a few days, with the Pro version.
|You may also want to read:|
|Rumors：DJI Mavic MiNi, Spark 2 or Osmo Mobile 3 will released on August 13|
|AMAZFIT Bip 2 VS AMAZFIT GTR: Full Specifications and Features Comparison|
|Huawei Hongmeng OS (Harmony OS) was officially released on HDC: features and highlights|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)