ByAdan Flannigan 2019-07-03 180680
The easiest and most effective way is to install an Android emulator and install the MiHome application inside it. Installation will be performed under Windows 10 operating system.
● Download Nox App Player from the official website.
Pay attention to the minimum requirements for your computer:
RAM - 2 GB;
Processor - 2GHz;
The free space on the hard drive is 3 GB;
Video card with memory of 1 GB.
● After downloading, run the downloaded file and face the first problem "It is impossible to run this application on this computer":
● Errors indicate that there may be a fresh version of the application (we downloaded version 126.96.36.199), go check the site and find it (188.8.131.52). The question remains why the site administrators do not update the links on the home page. But as you can see, this version is running without any problems:
● Click the "Install" button and wait for the process to complete. After installation we start the application, the first emulator is created automatically.
If all went well, we will see a separate window with the Android system (version 4.4.2).
● By default, the tablet mode can also be loaded in the same way as you would prefer - you can decide for yourself, you can switch at any time: At the top of the screen we find the gear (button "System settings"), go to the tab "Advanced settings" and change the "Start settings". The emulator must be restarted in order to use the system.
● Before installing the MiHome application, we need to enable ROOT permissions, fortunately this is done by one switch: System Settings General Settings Ruth-right.
● Setting up the Nox player is complete, so let's get started with the installation of Xiaomi MiHome.
With Root permissions, it's easy to install a Russified application, if you want to Russify the device without root rights. Download the latest translated version to your PC.
● Back to our desktop android, in the right pane we find the APK package installation icon (you can also drag and drop the file from the Windows folder to the program window) and select the downloaded file.
● After installed the MiHome APP, a shortcut appears on the desktop and autoruns.
It's done! We installed MiHome on windows. How to use the appendix can be found in this article.
I'd like to point out that you will still need a phone to add devices, because you still can't throw the Wi-Fi adapter into the emulator itself. Only ZigBee devices can be added if a gateway is connected.
|You may also want to read:|
|Huami Amazfit Bip 2 VS Xiaomi Mi band 4|
|MIUI 11: List of Xiaomi devices getting MIUI 11 upgrade leaks|
|Huawei P40 and P40 Pro are on the way|
Xiaomi Mi band 3 user guide