ByOleg Romanenko 2019-02-05 1773
Native advertising solves this problem. This is a relatively new format, and advertisers are just beginning to be interested in them, but according to eMarketer, brand budgets for native placement will grow next 2 or 3 years. This means that application developers should think about how to use native advertising in their projects.
Native advertising is a format in which an ad is organically placed in an application, adapting to its design and context. In a social network, such an ad will look like a regular post; in the photo gallery, another photo.
The power of this format is that you can independently create an ad unit and determine how it should look in the application. Properly built native advertising does not get out of the application's content, does not interfere with working with it, and therefore is not as annoying to the user as annoying banners that have become familiar. For well-chosen and carefully built-in advertising, users click more often, which means that the application developer will earn more on its placement.
First, determine at what point the ad unit should appear and how it will look. At this stage, you may need the help of a designer and analyst - you need not only to change the size, appearance and location of all the elements of the ad, but also to choose the right place to show the advertisement to become an appropriate part of the application.
To advertise, the application sends a request to the advertising network. In response, the network sends a set of ad data fields. Fields are something like a constructor from which the developer assembles an ad unit in accordance with the design of the application and the requirements of advertising networks. Among them are mandatory (they should be in any native ad) and optional - the developer can add at will.
1. Title - the title of the ad, up to 25 characters.
2. Icon - an application icon or a company logo with a size from 80 x 80 to 512 x 512 pixels.
3. Main image - the main picture with the image of the product or application of 1200 x 627 pixels.
Please note: you can add an icon to the ad unit and remove the main image. Or do the opposite, or add both elements at once. But at least one of them must be present in the ad unit.
4. Call-to-action (CTA) - a call-to-action button. The size of the button, its color, font and the inscription on it can be any.
5. URL - a link to the advertised product or application.
6. The "Advertising" label - a native ad must always contain an element that clearly indicates that it is an advertisement. The appearance of this element is determined by the developer. This can be Ads, Sponsored, Advertising, Promoted, Recommended, or any other, but it should be visible.
1. Description - the main text of the ad up to 100 characters. It contains a story about the characteristics of the product or a description of the functions of the application.
2. Content rating - the allowable age of the consumer (4+, 12+, 18+, etc.).
3. Star-rating - the rating of the advertised application or product in the store (from one to five stars).
4. AdChoice icon - some networks, such as Facebook, Avocarrot and Mopub, require you to place it on advertisements. The badge is sent by the network itself, but the developer must consider this element in the application.
You can place the required and optional elements in any order within the ad unit, but there is a prerequisite: they must not overlap each other. For example, you can not place the Install button or the title of the ad over the main image. Each element must have its own clearly defined place on the screen.
If you want to place in your application not only static ads, but also native video, you should take into account several nuances: for example, enable autorun (then the video will be launched as soon as it appears on the screen) or launch via the Play button, allow the user to skip the video through a few seconds and mute the video. Otherwise, native video ads have the same field requirements as static ads.
● Do not show more than one ad on one screen of the application - your task is to make it organic and as unobtrusive as possible.
● Try to embed static native advertising and video into one ad unit at the same time, and in the application show the option for which the advertiser gives the maximum price.
●? The advantages of this format are precisely in its flexibility and unlimited possibilities for adaptation - so use them at full capacity.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to remove ads from your Android phone?|
|How to delete your Facebook account on Android devices?|
|How to remove all Gmail emails in bulk? Completely clear the space of Google mail|