BySigismondo Eisenhower 2019-11-06 4795
Using address 192.168.8.1, you can open the settings page for Huawei E8372h, EC315, 3372h, E3531, E8231w, K5005, E3276, E1550, AF23, E3372 modems, etc. This address is also used to access the personal cabinet of mobile 3G/4G routers Huawei E5573, E5577s, EC 5321u and other models. And modems from Beeline 4G, Megaphone 4G (for example, M150-2), and MTS 4G (829F, 827F).
If we buy a modem or a mobile Wi-Fi router from a certain operator, it is likely that after connecting it to the computer, it will automatically begin to distribute the Internet and configure nothing. But if we have an ordinary modem (not locked) and we insert a SIM card into it ourselves, we may have to configure the connection (set parameters for our operator). In any case, for Huawei modems with Wi-Fi distribution function, you need to enter the settings to change or set a password to Wi-Fi and change the wireless network name. You don't have to do that, but it's desirable.
Step 1: First you need to connect the modem to your computer. If you have a regular USB modem, such as the Huawei E3372, then just plug it into your laptop's USB port, or a desktop computer.
If you have a modem with Wi-Fi Distribution function (mobile router), you can connect to it via Wi-Fi network. Not only from a PC (via Wi-Fi adapter) or laptop, but also from a tablet or phone. The factory network name (SSID) and password (Key) are usually listed under the cover of the Huawei modem itself.
Step 2: Click the install in the prompt window after connect the modem.
Step 3: The browser will open automatically, the page will be downloaded to http://192.168.8.1 and you will see the home page of the modem. It looks like this:
If the modem's web-interface does not open automatically, you can do it manually.
Step 1: Connect the Huawei modem via cable or Wi-Fi. Open any browser. It is advisable to use a browser that you do not use every day. There are usually no add-ons that can prevent us from opening the modem settings page. In your browser's address bar, type http://192.168.8.1 and navigate to it.
Notice: some modems/mobile routers may have a factory address of 192.168.1.1
Step 3: The home page displays information about your Internet connection, 3G/4G signal strength, and access to other modem settings and functions.
If you have a Huawei modem without Wi-Fi, you can easily go to any section: Statistics, SMS, USSD, Settings, etc. And if you have a modem with the ability to distribute Wi-Fi, then without entering your username and password, only the home page will be displayed. And if you try to enter the settings, or another section, the "Login" window will appear with a request for username and password. Usually the factory username and password on modems with Wi-Fi from Huawei is admin and admin.
The factory password can then be changed in the settings, in "System" - "Change password".
We have already found out that the "Home" tab displays basic information about your Internet connection. You can also change the language of the page with the settings at the top.
● The "Statistics" tab allows you to view the information about the Internet traffic.
● In the "SMS" section you can view incoming messages and send a text message if necessary. Or open SMS settings.
● The next tab is "Contacts", where you can view the saved numbers.
● Further down the course is a useful section "USSD". From there you can execute USSD commands. For example, to check the account, the number of remaining MBs, packages, tariffs, etc.
● Next comes the main "Settings". First of all, it's Mobile Connection. You can turn off or activate mobile data transfer, control data transfer while roaming and set the automatic shutdown interval.
● In the "Profile management" section we select the Internet connection profile for our operator. Usually there's one or two profiles. Or create a new profile manually and add a user name, password and access point.
● "Network setting" - you can set the network operation mode: GSM (2G), UMTS (3G), LTE (4G), or mixed modes. These settings can be useful when setting up the antenna, or when the connection is not very stable.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to enable Dark mode on POCO F1, Redmi Note 7 (Pro) and other Xiaomi phones with MIUI 10?|
|Xiaomi Haylou Smartwatch VS Xiaomi Mi Band 4: Which One is More Worth Buying?|
|GoPro Hero 8 vs DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro Hero 7: Which is the most stable action camera?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)