ByOleg Romanenko 2019-03-05 1402
A password must be set if you are worried about the safety of important information or want to hide it from prying eyes. There are several simple solutions for this problem. They are performed in just a few steps. Unfortunately, without installing third-party software, most devices do not provide additional protection for these programs.
At the same time on smartphones of some popular manufacturers, whose proprietary shell is different from the "pure" Android, it is still possible to set a password for applications by standard means. In addition, in the settings of a number of mobile programs, where security plays an extremely important role, you can also set a password to launch them.
Do not forget about the standard Android security system, which allows you to securely lock the device. This is done in a few simple steps:
● Go to the settings and select the "Security" section.
● Use the setting of a digital or graphical password, some devices also have a fingerprint scanner.
● So, having decided with the basic theory, let's move on to a practical and more detailed consideration of existing methods of blocking applications on Android devices.
AppLock is free, easy to use, even an inexperienced user will understand the controls. It supports the installation of additional protection on any device application. This process is very simple:
● Go to the Google Play Market and download the program.
● Immediately you will be prompted to install the pattern. Use a complex combination, but one so as not to forget it yourself.
● Next is to enter the email address. An access recovery key will be sent to it if the password is lost. Leave this field blank if you do not want to fill in anything.
● Now you will see a list of applications where you can block any of them.
The disadvantage of this method is that the default password is not set on the device itself, so another user, simply deleting AppLock, will reset all settings and the protection set will disappear.
CM Locker is a bit similar with the representative from the previous method, however, it has its own unique functionality and some additional tools. Protection is set as follows:
● Install CM Locker from the Google Play Market, launch it and follow the simple instructions inside the program to complete the pre-configuration.
● Next, a security check will be performed, you will be prompted to set your own password on the lock screen.
● We advise you to provide an answer to one of the control questions, in which case there is always a way to restore access to applications.
As mentioned above, manufacturers of some smartphones and tablets running the Android OS provide their users with the standard ability to protect applications by setting a password. Consider how this is done on the example of devices, or rather, branded shells of two well-known Chinese brands.
● Open the "Settings" of your smartphone, scroll down the list of options available there to the "Device" block and find the item "Fingerprints and Security". Go into it.
● Select the App Lock subsection and move the toggle switch at the top to the active position.
● Enter in the appeared window a four-, five- or six-digit password that you want to use later to block applications.
● Find the item you want to protect and check the checkbox located to the right of it.
Now, when you try to open a blocked application, you will need to specify a previously set password. Only after that it will be possible to get access to all its capabilities.
Make your home more colorful at Yeelight smart LED light up to 35% OFF.
Gadgets that every housewife needs at Home Gadgets Up to 64% OFF.
● As in the case above, open the "Settings" of the mobile device, scroll through the list almost to the bottom, down to the "App Settings" block, in which select the "App Lock" option.
● You will see a list of all applications for which you can set a lock, but before you do this, you will need to set a shared password. To do this, tap on the appropriate button located at the very bottom of the screen, and enter the code expression. By default, you will be prompted to enter a pattern, but if you wish, you can change the "Security Method" by clicking the link of the same name. To choose from, in addition to the key, the password and pin code are available.
● Having determined the type of protection, enter the code expression and confirm it by pressing "Next" both times to go to the next step.
● Scroll through the list of applications installed on the device and find the one you want to protect with a password. Move the switch to the right of its name to the active position - this way you activate the application password protection.
● From this point on, each time you start the program, you will need to enter a code expression in order to be able to use it.
Now we will figure out how to put a password on an iPhone application using iOS. This method is suitable for all iPhone Xs / Xr / X / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 and Plus models on iOS 12. On older versions, the menu items and hardware support indicated in the article may be different or missing. With the advent of iOS 12, users have additional options for setting a password to access programs. Such actions can be performed using the option "Screen Time".
iOS has a "Restrictions" tab located in the "On-Screen Time" menu. Perform the following instructions:
● Click "Settings" from the home screen.
● Specify the "screen time."
● Now the user should select "Use passcode", then enter the passcode, consisting of 4 characters. This will activate limit control and screen time.
● Go to the main page of the tab "On-Screen Time", after which we indicate the section "Content and Privacy".
● Now you should move the switch next to the "Content and Privacy" line.
● Select the desired menu to create a restriction: "Content Restrictions", "Allowed Programs" or "Shopping at iTunes Store and App Store".
● You should move the slider next to the necessary actions or software, access to which you want to restrict.
● Those applications that you have disabled will not be displayed on the home screen. You can activate access for these applications again by performing the above steps, only the slider needs to be moved to the other side.
● Click "Settings", then select "Screen Time".
● It is necessary to go to "Use passcode", then specify the access code.
● Specify the "Settings", then click on the menu "On-Screen Time", going to select "Program Limits".
● Now it is necessary to select "Add limit", where we select the necessary groups of programs. For example, entertainment, games, soc. networks and so on
● For the required applications, set the limits by selecting the function "Add limit".
● Enter the work time 1 minute. All changes made must be confirmed by clicking on "Add".
All necessary actions are completed. Now applications that have fallen under the constraints are displayed will be darkened, and near them a selection will appear using the hourglass icon. A similar icon indicates that you must enter a password to access.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to unlock an Android phone if you forgot the password|
|How to unlock the Windows PC when forgetting password?|
|How to protect Android: 10 tips for maximum security|