ByLinky Johnson 2018-12-11 7074
1. Prepare materials. In order to make fruit batteries that can charge a cell phone, you need to prepare the following things (note: this method may damage the cell phone, so if you can't accept these risks, don't try this method):
A dozen of acidic fruits, such as oranges, apples or pears.
Copper screws or coins in the same amount as fruits. If the surface of the coin is not copper, the outer layer needs to be polished to expose copper for use.
Zinc flake (galvanized flake) in the same quantity as fruit.
Insulated copper conductor.
Rubber gloves. Gloves should be worn all the time to prevent electric shock.
2. Insert a slice of zinc into the first fruit. Make sure the zinc flake is exposed a little so that you can connect by wire.
3. Insert a piece of copper on the first fruit. The distance between zinc and copper flakes should be close, but do not touch them, otherwise they will be short-circuited. If your fruit is an orange, it's best to make sure that both pieces of metal are inserted on the same piece of orange.
4. Repeat the above process on each fruit. Insert metal flakes into each fruit to ensure that no metal flakes touch each other.
5. Connect fruit with copper wire. Connect each fruit to the circuit with a copper wire. You connect the copper flake of the first fruit to the zinc flake of the second fruit. You then connect the copper flake of the second fruit to the zinc flake of the third fruit, and so on.
6. Cut the USB line. Cut off one end of the USB cable, reveal the inside cable, and connect it to the copper wire of the fruit in a ring.
7. Charge the iPhone. The voltage of each fruit is about 0.5 volts, which up to about 5 volts to charge the cell phone. However, the charging time in this way will not be too long.
Zinc flakes in fruits release zinc ions and energy at the same time. Zinc ions also displace copper ions, releasing more energy. When connected to a circuit, the energy it releases can be used to charge the phone.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to charge phone's battery in the right way?|
|How to charge your mobile phone faster and safer|
|5 worst ways to charge a phone|
i12 TWS Earbuds Pairing Problem Fix Guide