BySophia Windsor 2019-08-20 9332
Not all lost smartphones can be found via Google Account. It must meet the following conditions:
● Your lost smartphone must have registered or logged in a Google Account.
● Your lost smartphone must be turned on.
● Your lost smartphone must have an internet connection.
● The location feature on your lost smartphone must be turned on.
● The “Find My Device” feature on your lost smartphone must be turned on.
Step 1. Open “Find My Device” website on your computer.
Step 2. log into using your Google Account username and password. If you have added several Android phones to the Google Account, you should choose the device you lost from the list.
Step 3. Allow the pop-up location services and accept the warnings.
Step 4. Then the Google Maps will show you the location of your lost phone. One thing to note is that it’s just a general instead of a 100% accurate location. Even your phone cannot be found, it will also show you the last location of your lost phone.
Step 5. Google will offer you three options to do something with your lost smartphone.
● Play sound: If you choose the “Play Sound”, your smartphone will ring for 5 minutes at a full volume, even if it was set to be silent or vibrate modes. This method is the most effective when you make sure that the lost smartphone is near you.
● Lock: You can also remotely lock your lost or stolen phone with your PIN, pattern or password. However, if you didn’t set one, you can set it on “Find My Device”. Meanwhile, you can display a phone number or a message on the locked phone’s screen to remind the people who found or stolen your phone to return it to you.
● Erase: The “Erase” function on “Find My Device” enables you to permanently erase all data on your lost smartphones. However, it may not clean the data on the SD cards. The “Erase” function can avoid your personal data leakage. However, once you perform this operation, the “Find My Device” function won’t work on the device.
Google also offers a special “Find My Device” APP for Android smartphone users. To enable the APP service, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1. Download and install the “Find My Device” APP from the Google Play.
Step 2. Find the “Find My Device” APP on your home screen and open it.
Step 3. Select the Google account that you want to use.
Step 4. Choose “Continue”.
Step 5. log into your Google Account.
● If you have more than one device linked to Google Account, you can choose the device you lost.
● If your lost device has more than one user profile, you can log into the Google Account with the main profile.
Step 6. Allow the location function.
Step 7. Continue the Step 4 and Step 5 mentioned above.
In addition to the Google Account, you can also use the IMEI number to track your lost or stolen smartphones. To know more detailed steps, you can read this guide: How to use IMEI number to track your lost Android phone
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi HIMO C16 electric bike: 75 km autonomy and a price of only $285|
|How to change the AMAZFIT GTR Watch Face?|
|Xiaomi Mijia Robot Vacuum-Mop 2-in-1 cleaner LDS Laser Navigation edition released: specs, features, price and availability|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
Huawei Band 3 Pro Latest Hands-on Review
i12 TWS Earbuds Pairing Problem Fix Guide