BySigismondo Eisenhower 2019-11-12 18825
Currently there are a few drones on the market that are waterproof. The most important protection classes of a waterproof drone are as follows:
● Protection class IP0: Your drone is not waterproof at all.
● Protection class IP1 - IP3: Very low protection against water, light dripping/very weak rain.
● Protection class IP4 - IP6: Very good protection. You can theoretically climb into the air in rain or storm tide (but note that you still have visual contact with your drone).
● Protection class IP7 - IP8: So-called submarine protection. Your drone can dive into the water without being damaged.
● Protection class IP9: With this protection class (almost) no water in the world can destroy your drone.
Here are 5 steps to follow once the drone is in hand:
● Ask for advice
It is a question of addressing in the first place to the manufacturer who manufactured the Mavic Mini or at least, to his official representative. Indeed, they are in the best position to tell you what to do in this situation.
In the absence of a satisfactory answer, you can also ask for help from an electronics professional or a drone expert. Some specialized blogs are also good advice.
● Remove the battery
This is a precaution against accidental engagement of the drone and a gesture to save the battery and the device.
● Eliminate residues
Secondly, get rid of all types of solid residues carefully, especially at the propellers and the chassis - to avoid spoiling the way. It could be algae, sand or salt, if the drone fell to the sea. In this case, it is advisable to rinse the machine with clean water because salt is more dangerous for the sea. device that water.
● To dry
This third step will determine the future of your drone. Indeed, properly dried, the majority of these devices can revolve, even if they have more or less a few defects. The unit often fails almost completely when it has not been subjected to drying in the standards.
But basically, there are really no rules for conducting this operation:
● The technique of rice is the one that is the most popular: it is to take the device and put it in a bag filled with rice for about 3 days because it has the natural ability to absorb moisture. The bag must be hermetically sealed, so you can use the ones you use to put food in a freezer. The problem of this practice is revealed when you have a very large drone, requiring a huge amount of rice;
● Others prefer natural drying, sun and wind. Even if some drones have escaped unscathed after this type of operation, know that the risk of rust or corrosion are higher with this technique. In addition, the total elimination of water is not guaranteed. You will be able to face only a temporary restoration of your drone;
● You can also use a hydrophobic spray. It is a compound that disperses silicone microparticles to repel water. If the technique is generally effective, it is advisable to be more vigilant at the level of the sensitive parts like the internal card;
● The technique of varnish or lacquer for electronic devices has not been tested often but some experiments demonstrate its effectiveness, especially on the parts that we previously mentioned as being "sensitive". It is therefore an ideal accompaniment to the hydrophobic spray;
● Finally, the craziest have tried (and succeeded), putting the drone in the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 60 ℃. However we do not recommend it because the risk is much too big, not only for the drone, but also for the oven.
● Let rest
Your drone has suffered a "trauma", if you can say that. It is therefore appropriate to give him some rest time. This time will also be a safety measure to ensure that the drone is dry before any restart.
Often, a delay of 48 to 72 hours is sufficient.
● Reactivate: Never restart the drone after it has fallen into the water. You may cause more damage than good because wet components are not 100% functional;
● Dry with another electronic device, such as a hair dryer, because you may damage the drone due to uncontrolled pressure / precision. The oven also falls into this category, although it has been tested by others;
● Rushing, that is to say panic and try at all costs to dry the drone with a cloth and turn it on again. Take your patience and calmly perform the 6 steps recommended above.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to enable Dark mode on POCO F1, Redmi Note 7 (Pro) and other Xiaomi phones with MIUI 10?|
|Xiaomi Haylou Smartwatch VS Xiaomi Mi Band 4: Which One is More Worth Buying?|
|GoPro Hero 8 vs DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro Hero 7: Which is the most stable action camera?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
i12 TWS Earbuds Pairing Problem Fix Guide