ByFelicity Rosa 2017-05-02 12036
In this guide, we will raise the most common issues on the useful Xiaomi Mi Band 1S fitness tracker, as well as provide handy resolutions. So if you encounter any of these issues during your daily use, please calm down, small matters will be addressed.
● Try to plug and unplug the fitness tracker from your computer's USB port several times if it doesn't start charging within 10 seconds. If that fails, let it sit for a couple of hours and see if it starts charging.
● The Mi Band may not work normally in cold weather under 14 degree Fahrenheit (minus 10 degree centigrade). Put the smart wristband into 50 - 60 degree water about 5 minutes and then dry it up. It will be normal again.
● Turn on the Mi Fit app, go to "Profile interface - My device - Mi Band Pulse" and check whether it is showing charging state.
● There is some dirt (some cannot be seen with naked eyes) in both USB cable contacts and band sensor pins which can pass the electricity. Using your shirt or cotton swab to clean it up. Just make sure everything is clean.
● The USB cable and sensor contacts may have been oxidized, carefully use a blade or Q-tip with some anhydrous alcohol to clean them before trying again.
● If none of the above work, please contact our dedicated aftersales team.
● WARNING: do not charge with your power bank because the current of the fitness tracker is too small (about 1A). While charging, the power bank cannot even detect the current and turn off the charge automatically.
When you get the smart wristband, search band to pair and the band will flash 3 blue lights. At the moment, tap the band a few to confirm when you fell vibration. When the pairing is successful, the indicator lights will turn off.
● First of all, make sure the phone is compatible with the Mi Band supports' system - Android 4.4 / iOS 7.0 and above system and supports' Bluetooth version - Bluetooth 4.0 and above.
● If both system and Bluetooth follow up the requirement but still fails to connect, please check if you open the Bluetooth function at first. Also check if there are too many Bluetooth connect record of the phone, if so, delete them and reconnect.
● Keep the band close to your phone (in 10 meters) without obstacles. The wall, corner or others impediment will affect the signal.
● Check if the Mi Band has power or not, if not, get it to charge.
● Turn off the Bluetooth and phone or even uninstall the Mi Fit app and try again.
● Try connecting to other systems phone. If it works, your phone may broken, if not, it should be the problem of Mi Band, contact our aftersales service for further help.
The step counter is based on the hardware and software algorithms, and rigorous logic operation, swinging arm gesture, stride, road flatness, and other factors could affect the accuracy. For example, if your arm swing is too small, this step may not count in, and vice versa. So these steps are not 100% accurate but the devices do count your movements. Sure, the numbers won't be a far cry from real steps. If you do feel discrepancy, please uninstall the app and re-download to try again.
● Firstly, make sure you are using the heart rate test correctly:
(1). Wear the smart watch on your wrist with the underside touching the skin and then open the measuring on Mi Fit app.
(2). Fasten the band above your wrist and keep stay for a few seconds because it is a static measurement.
Note: Xiaomi Mi Band 1S does not have a screen, so check the data in the Mi Fit app.
● Go to unpair your Mi Band in "Profile - My devices - Mi Band Pulse - Unpair", then pair the devices and try to measure your heart rate again.
● If the issue persists, uninstall the Mi Fit app and re-install to try again.
● Check if you have opened the sleep tracking function on your app firstly.
● The sleep tracking of Mi Band 1S utilizes 2 sensors. The proximity sensor is to detect the presence of skin and actigraphy uses the body movements to determine the sleep time, deep sleep, light sleep and others. So keep tighter the band on your wrist could be helped.
● Try to uninstall and re-install the Mi Fit app and have a good night to see if it is back to normal.
● The problem remains unsolved, please contact the aftersales service for further help.
We hope our practical guide helps you get rid of those problems easily from your Xiaomi Mi Band 1S. However, if you still require further assistance about a specific issue not covered here, feel free to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our professional support staff will deal with your query as promptly as possible. Thanks for reading!
For the purpose of this new article, some of the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.