ByTown Kassis 2019-12-30 198
Specifically, the credentials used by some users are exposed depending on the source of the information, so information such as the user and password of the device we are talking about may not be safe at this time. According to the data provided, there could be more than 5,000 people affected, of which we could even know the time zone where the Ring is installed and also the e-mail.
With the data in the wrong hands, it could be the case that the camera in question is completely accessible and therefore you can even see the live images from the security camera and therefore what is happening where the device is installed. It is even possible that the payment method and the phone number of the owner could be compromised. Interestingly, it is not yet known how the failure occurred, although the company has indicated that it is not a security problem of its own and, furthermore, they indicate that the problem could be due to other companies from which data could have been collected.
However, in view of the possibility of data exposure, which is not denied, the manufacturer has contacted those potentially affected and has asked them to increase the security of their credentials by exchanging the data for new ones. And, additionally, it has requested that two-step authentication be used to ensure that there is no unwanted access to its Ring devices. The fact is that it rains on wet as not much maple was alerted to unwanted access to these cameras where even voice communications were established in real time.
What needs to be done to achieve this, which is an excellent option to use to get the accessories we are talking about, is to perform the following actions:
● Open the Ring application as usual and use the icon with three horizontal lines in the upper left area.
● Go to Account and then to the section called Two-Factor Authorization (or similar). Now select Activate.
● You must then enter your current password and you will be given the option to enter a phone number to send the corresponding message to when a login is made. If you do this, you will receive a six-digit message that you must enter.
● Press Continue and open the completed message.
With this it is true that an additional step has to be taken for a family member to have access to Ring, but the security that is added is really high and it will no longer be useful to know the user and password to be able to use the device... this is only achieved if the owner of the indicated phone agrees.
|You may also want to read:|
|Does the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 Work Well With iPhone?|
|Honor Magic Watch 2 VS Amazfit Stratos 3: Which Smart Running Watch is Better?|
|EMUI 10 Always-On Display (AOD) feature: supported devices and everything you need to know about it|
|HUAWEI Band 4 Pro VS Band 4 VS Band 3 Pro: What are the Differences Between these there Smart Band?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)