ByGB Blog Official 2017-11-15 13376
A fingerprint sensor is a common feature in modern smartphones for a number of good reasons. First and foremost, a fingerprint significantly enhances your device's security, keeping your private data safe even if your phone falls into the wrong hands. Then, there is the pure convenience: you can quickly and easily unlock your phone without a passcode.
So, you have purchased a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor. But what happens if, for some reason, you have trouble adding your fingerprint on your Android phone? We take a detailed look at the possible solutions in this post.
1. First, make sure your finger is clean and dry. Sometimes, when there are droplets of water, remnants of oil or dirt on your finger, the phone's fingerprint sensor may not recognize it. Wash your hands and dry them carefully before attempting another try.
2. Check if the fingerprint sensor itself is free of dust and other debris. If it's not, carefully wipe it down with a soft dry cloth and try again.
3. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding a fingerprint that appears on your smartphone exactly — press your finger against the sensor as many times as needed for the phone to record it.
4. There could be some corrupted information in the cache section of your smartphone. Try wiping the cache partition of your phone and try again. No data will be lost during the process.
5. If both your finger and the sensor are clean and dry, the cache partition is clean but the phone still fails to add your fingerprint, this may be a result of a software issue. Try updating to the latest version of the operating system, or, on the contrary, going back to the previous version.
6. Finally, if all of the above has failed, you may need to perform a factory reset. Before starting it, make sure all the important data on your phone has been backed up, as the process will erase it.
7. In case nothing changes after the reset, you will have to take your phone to a repair shop or consult the manufacturer about a replacement.
We hope this post has been clear and simple in solving your Android phone's fingerprint issues. If you have purchased the said phone from GearBest, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Center.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to find the IMEI number of Xiaomi smartphone|
|How does facial recognition on iPhone X actually work?|
|What's new features of MIUI 9 and how to update your Xiaomi phones?|
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 user guide