ByAdan Flannigan 2019-08-14 6652
● Device settings: change the device name, firmware version, notifications and power-on status (on/off/last status)
● Sharing: share Sonoff device with other eWeLink users
● Timetable: manage timer ( programmed times, countdown, loop)
● Scenes: actions on multiple Sonoff devices based on events ( click, temperature/humidity, status of another device )
Take Sonoff 4 as an example
Let's see now the settings common to all devices:
● configure the status at power on of each output channel: on (ON), off (OFF), last status before power off (PRESERVE)
● deactivate the LED on board the deviceDisable Indicator
enable App notifications of individual channel status changes
● disable the possibility of switching all outputs on/off at the same time
● enable interlock between outputs in multi-channel devices
eWeLink Interlock (Interlock)
One of the most interesting options by far is the possibility of enabling output timing via the eWeLink app on Sonoffs (gradual variation or inching).
Timing (gradual variation or inching) in Sonoff devices is a very useful feature that works with all devices (even compatible ones) except Sonoff TH16 and allows you to transform the single output of your device into a timed WiFi button with configurable duration between 0.5 seconds and 1 hour (with an increase of 0.5 seconds).
Even more interesting is that the timing works even with the device not connected.
You can share the management of your individual devices with other eWeLink users. This is the mode you have to adopt in order to manage the same device simultaneously from two different smartphones, creating two different access credentials.
The pre-conditions for sharing from the eWeLink app are as follows:
● the receiving account must be logged in to your smartphone
● the eWeLink app must be active on the receiving telephone
● Sender and receiver smartphones must both be connected to the internet
Please note that the eWeLink app allows you to share multiple devices at the same time.
Not all features are possible
Take Sonoff TH 16 as an example
● Select the device
● Creating the Power Timer
● Select repeat every day
● Set power-on time and confirm
● Create the shutdown timer
● Set frequency, time and action
In the case of devices with more than one channel it is possible to select them individually:
On the eWeLink app you can create and manage scenes that are used to automatically perform actions on a device depending on a condition.
There are three types of scenes on the eWeLink app:
● Tap on the app (to switch several devices on or off at the same time)
● Timer (to start the scene at a fixed time)
● Device (state of a channel or measured data such as temperature or humidity in the Sonoff TH16)
Some important points of attention on the use of Sonoff scenes:
● the same device cannot be both in the condition and in the execution target
● the execution may concern more than one channel of the same device but not more than one device at the same time
● in the case of a device-based condition, an additional time condition on days and times of possible execution can also be specified
● do not work when the devices involved are not connected to the Internet
● cannot be shared
If the scenes in eWeLink are not enough for some reason, such as for example:
● use different channels of the same device for execution condition and target
● Interact with external devices
● perform actions based on sunset and sunrise times
then you could start using IFTTT as well, as I explain in my article IFTTT Sonoff.
A further alternative is to use the custom routines as I explain in Sonoff Google Home.
A frequently asked question concerns the maximum number of devices that can be managed: the answer can be found on the ITEAD detail page: EWeLink Introduction.
In a nutshell:
● Maximum number of devices that can be managed: 150
● Maximum number of timers per Sonoff device: 8
● maximum number of scenes that can be stored: 21
On the support site I have tried the eWeLink and limited devices for Scene thread which suggests the following conclusion, although not documented:
● Maximum number of devices that can be managed: 18
These limits become relevant when you start using several Sonoff devices, scenes and timers with the same eWeLink profile.
|You may also want to read:|
|Rumors：DJI Mavic MiNi, Spark 2 or Osmo Mobile 3 will released on August 13|
|AMAZFIT Bip 2 VS AMAZFIT GTR: Full Specifications and Features Comparison|
|Huawei Hongmeng OS (Harmony OS) was officially released on HDC: features and highlights|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)