ByJoe Horner 2019-10-26 48265
LED Strip not working, is generally three cases. First, power problems, second, LED strip or connector and controller damage, third, environmental problems. We need to check it in these three aspects.
1. Confirm that your power supply's voltage and current rating are compatible with your LED strip.
For example, your power supply is 12V DC, it will not work with a 24V LED strip. Check the back of the power supply unit, which will have the output voltage marked. Then, check the LED Strip itself, which will have its input voltage marked at the LED strip connection points.
2. Confirm that your power supply is working correctly.
3. Check and isolate other accessories on the same circuit.
4. Check for any visible loose connections, make sure all of your connectors and wires are in place and have not fallen out. Try tightening screws on DC adapters, and re-inserting LED strips into solderless connectors, which are common contact failure points.
Note: the power supply must be powered up for this test.
If you have an entire LED Strip segment illuminated but notice a section of the LED strip that remains dark, you may have an "open circuit" in one of the sections.
What this means is that due to a manufacturing flaw or some mechanical damage during shipping or installation, one of the LEDs or components for a single section has come loose, resulting in a complete electrical disjoint for just that section of LEDs.
If you are familiar with how to solder, you may want to try reheating the solder joints for each of the LEDs and components along that dead section. If not, your best bet would be to ask your supplier for a replacement (if they provide a warranty) or simply remove the failed section by cutting along the cut-lines and rejoining the two segments together using connector clips.
If your LED strips not working after cutting, you can refer to this " How to Fix Xiaomi LED Strip Not Working After Cutting? " post to get the answer.
1. The high-temperature resistance of LED strip is not good, therefore, if the welding temperature and welding time of LED are not well controlled in the process of production and maintenance, the LED chip will be damaged because of ultra-high temperature or continuous high temperature. It causes the false death of the LED lamp belt.
2. LED is an electrostatic-sensitive element, so if the electrostatic protection work is not done well in the production process, the LED chip will be burned out because of static electricity, resulting in the extinction of an LED strip.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to enable Dark mode on POCO F1, Redmi Note 7 (Pro) and other Xiaomi phones with MIUI 10?|
|Xiaomi Haylou Smartwatch VS Xiaomi Mi Band 4: Which One is More Worth Buying?|
|GoPro Hero 8 vs DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro Hero 7: Which is the most stable action camera?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)