ByGB Blog Official 2017-01-01 44265
Portable, inexpensive and tiny, Xiaomi's cool WiFi repeater device uses USB power to conveniently extend the range of your WiFi network. Normally, it's only compatible with a Xiaomi Router and there is no Xiaomi documentation for "pairing" it with other routers.
Here, we reveal a quick and easy way to connect it with any router:
1. Plug your Xiaomi WiFi Repeater into any USB Port. Example: USB charger, power bank, or any device with USB port.
3. Do not update the app. After it's downloaded, open the "Mi Home" page and ignore any update notification that pops up.
4. You must be logged in with a Mi Account first before you begin "pairing" with your router. Create a new account if you don't have one: before you tap on the login button, make sure the server you choose is "Chinese Mainland".
(Attention: Do not choose any server except "Chinese Mainland" because it will display a different layout and the pairing will not work!)
5. Add your Mi WiFi Repeater and make sure your repeater's status light is blinking yellow, then tap on the circle box beside the text "Yellow flashing light" and tap Next.
6. Now you have reached the "Choose working WiFi" window. Since you have connected to the "host" router stated in the first step, the "host" router's SSID will automatically be inputted; you just need to input the "host" router's password and click Next.
7. Exit the "Mi Home" page, go to your phone's WiFi setting and connect it to "xiaomi-repeater_xxx".
8. Go back to the "Mi Home" phone app, and it will automatically detect that you have connected to Xiaomi WiFi Repeater. There will be progress screen in percentage – when it has finished, your repeater's status light will turn blue color to show a successful pairing.
9. Now you can change the device name, settings, and enjoy the extended wireless network. Enjoy!
|You may also want to read:|
|How do WiFi signal extenders work?|
|Essential WiFi guide: How NOT to kill your traffic plan|
|What is WiFi and how to configure it?|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
Basic knowledge of router
Realme Buds Air Pairing Problems Fix Guide