ByAdeline Belluz 2018-04-10 29461
The Xiaomi IP camera shows black and white images if it's dark because the camera displays according to brightness (illumination) of the surrounding. Here is the images with night vision vs. without night vision:
If the night vision is not clear like the image shows above, you could unplug the IP camera and plug it to power again, then connect it to your phone and check whether the night vision image is too dark. If the night vision image is still vague, maybe the light sensor in your Xiaomi 1080P smart camera is breakdown.
If your Xiaomi panorama 1080P IP camera record video in weird color, try the followings:
● Unplug the power cable and plug it again, pair the device with Mi Home and then check the image's color.
● Press and hold the RESET button to rest the Mi camera. If the problem hasn't been resolved after resetting, the product has something wrong which you should ask the seller for help.
Generally, the problem is caused by lacking power. If you cannot power on your Mi camera, charge it with the original power cable about half an hour, or charge it with another 5V 2A charging cable and adapter.
Try to press and hold the RESET button to rest the Mi IP camera if charging doesn't help. If the problem still hasn't been resolved, the product has something wrong which you should ask the seller for help.
Follow the steps to connect your Xiaomi 360 degree panorama smart IP camera to a mobile:
Scan QR code below or search "Mi smart home" in the app store to download Mi Home (if you own a Xiaomi phone, it may have pre-installed Mi Home app).
Launch the app with the Mi account you already have or WeChat / Facebook account. Alternatively, create a new account by clicking Sign up option.
If the installed app is in Chinese and you don't know how to operate, switch the language into English:
For Android system: open the Mi Home application, go to "Profile" ("我的") - "Settings" ("设置") - "Language" ("语言"), select "English".
For iOS system: set your device's language as English, then download latest Mi Home app, the language of your app will become English.
Super savings and Discount at Today's Top Coupons - UP TO $12 OFF.
Find a mobile with up to 50% off discount at Weekly Savers - 50% OFF BRAND PHONES.
Tap "+" at the top right corner to add a device, choose the Xiaomi IP camera. After that, connect it to WIFI, enter your WIFI name and its password, tap "Next", The phone screen displays it's connecting. Wait until the connection finish, you can see the IP camera on "My device".
● Yellow constant light while powering on the device (which hasn't connected to WIFI).
● Yellow flashing light after powering on the device (which hasn't connected to WIFI).
● Blue constant light while using normally.
● Blue flashing light while the device is abnormal or disconnects from the internet.
This situation occurs while the wireless network is poor or the device disconnect from the WIFI. Thus, check your network or connect it to another router to try again.
If the WIFI is good and the charging adapter used in your camera is 5V 2A, you could do the calibration in app settings. Or else, press and hold the RESET button to rest the Mi camera. If the problem hasn't been resolved after resetting, the product has something wrong which you should ask the seller for help.
If your Mi IP camera cannot pair with your phone, cannot be added to Mi Home, or disconnect from wireless network automatically, try the followings:
● Unplug the camera's power cable and plug it into power source again.
● Remove your Mi Home and then install the latest app.
● If your camera isn't connected to the 2.4GHz network, change your wireless router's frequency into 2.4GHz or connect your Xiaomi device to another 2.4GHz network.
● Change your WIFI's encryption into WPA / WPA2 if it's in WEP mode.
● The Xiaomi panorama smart camera doesn't support the router without a password.
● Check if your router has set MAC address filtering or added the Mi device into blacklist.
● Keep the camera closer your phone in connection, or connect the device to another phone with Android 4.0 / iOS 7.0 or above system.
● Press and hold the RESET button to rest the Mi IP camera. If the problem hasn't been resolved after resetting, the product has something wrong which you should ask the seller for help.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the Xiaomi panorama 1080P IP camera from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
|You may also want to read:|
|3 reliable ways to verify if your Xiaomi device is original|
|5 best latest Xiaomi gadgets you might miss on GearBest|
Troubleshoot Sricam SP012 IP camera issues
How about JBL Bluetooth speakers?