ByGB Blog Official 2017-05-15 99846
1. Reset your router to factory default settings (press and hold the reset button for 5-8 seconds until the light turns yellow).
2. Flash your router if the reset doesn't work. Make sure the light is blue before proceeding:
● Set in router manager: Router Setting-->Advanced Settings-->Upgrade Manually.
● Click "Scan" and select the downloaded ROM package to install it.
If the router still fails to connect, contact the after-sales service.
Configure a FAT or FAT32 USB stick and follow the operationslisted below:
● Plug the USB into the router after you have turned the power off.
● Press and hold "Reset", then turn the power on and release "Reset" until yellow light is flashing.
● Wait from 5 to 8 minutes, the system reboots automatically into start-up status (LED light turns into blue) ---that means the recovery is completed.
● Flash again or change to another USB driver if it fails to read the USB and if the red light is flashing.
If the problem persists contact the after-sales service.
● Turn the power on and plug in the Ethernet cable---one side plugged in WAN interface of the router and the other side is connected to the internet.
● Connect Mi router 3 via your phone or PC (search WiFi named Xiaomi xxx on the device and connect).
● Initialize your Mi router on your browser (address 192.168.31.1).
● Then the system will detect automatically whether your internet needs dial - up connection. If so, enter your broadband account and password and then set wifi name and password. If not, click "next" to set.
You can use the WiFi after setting.
● Turn off smart speed limit if it's opened.
● Broadband and users affect the WiFi speed. Your WiFi will be very slow if more than 2 people are using the net and some of them are watching videos or downloading software when the broadband is 2M.
● The bandwidth affects the WiFi speed. Remove bandwidth settings if you have set (like IP bandwidth control).
● Restore your router to factory default settings (press hand hold reset button for 5-8 seconds until the light turns into yellow).
If you've purchased the Xiaomi WiFi router from us, but the post above doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
Some of the pictures are selected from the internet, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
How to install a VPN on your router?