ByGB Blog Official 2017-03-13 4547
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 is a budget smartphone and it sports a full metal body, unlike the polycarbonate body on the previous devices. It also packs a very good battery and the price is one of the attractive factors for this phone. Here we've prepared a handy FAQ that covers some common issues together with their solutions.
● At its power off state, long press the power button and volume button together to enter the factory mode.
● Adjust the cursor to the option of restoring the factory defaults with the volume button, and confirm it with the power button. Or you can find the password on Xiaomi official website.
● Maybe the plug of power charger is oxidized. You use an eraser to clean the plug, and retry it.
● Or maybe the charging port on the phone is oxidized as well. You can use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol to wipe the port. Wait for a minute until the alcohol is dry, then charge the phone again.
● If the above ways don't work, charge the phone with the original USB charger. Because a different power charge has different input and output power which may cause the battery charge failure.
● If it fails, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Or connect the phone to the power source by pressing the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button, let it be charged for some time and boot it again.
● Once all above solutions are invalid, the most possible reason should be the USB port is damaged or the battery has something wrong. You can go to local phone fixing store for a check and repair or contact the after-sales service to send it back to the factory for a repair.
There are several problems may cause an auto reboot continuously:
● Examine whether the battery is loose, if so, pad a piece of paper cushioning behind the battery, thus solving the problem of poor contact between the battery and the phone's mainboard.
● There is something wrong with the apps you install on your phone, find out the problematic app and uninstall it, or just format the storage card.
● Some installed applications are not compatible with your phone operating system. Two ways here for you to check where the problem lies in:
(1). Restore the factory defaults without installing any software and observe for a while. If it still auto reboots, there might be something wrong with hardware instead of software. Contact the after-sales service for a repair.
(2). Flash the ROM to check whether it is the problem of hardware or software.
● It goes wrong with the phone's setting, so restore Redmi 3 to its factory settings.
● Long press the power button to reboot the phone
● Connect it with charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery, then try to boot the phone after charging for a while.
● The phone runs too many background apps, causing the CPU overloaded and apps stop running. To solve the problem, you can sort out some background apps and automatic startup software, thus the system will become much smoother.
● Clean the cache files and useless files at regular intervals, and uninstall unnecessary software to increase more storage of the phone.
● If the phone is still dead frequently, restore to the factory settings in phone's setting, since it is likely to have useless software and virus on your phone.
● While resetting your phone even cannot save your phone, just try to flash your phone with the link.
● If nothing happens on the display after switching the phone on, it may indicate your cell phone runs out of battery power. Connect the phone with charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery, then boot the phone after charging for half an hour.
● When there are flickering on the phone, make sure the phone can enter the boot interface. Long press the power button and volume plus button to restore to the factory settings when appearing boot logo on screen.
● Maybe positioning software is not installed well. You can re-download the relevant map navigation to check it is the problem of either software or hardware.
● When the software occurs problem, just try to use other positioning software instead.
● If it is the hardware problem, restore to the factory settings by pressing the power button and volume plus button together.
● Once both methods do not work, just flash your phone with the link.
● None of the above methods can solve the problem, then you have only one choice - contact the after-sales service and send it back to the factory for a repair.
Nope, all Xiaomi products have no English manual, but there are some operation videos on the website about how to use the phone.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S troubleshooting guide|
|Solutions for Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro common issues|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 | Top 9 hidden tips and tricks|
|Resolve the problems of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the Xiaomi Redmi 3 from us, but the guide doesn't cover your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
Xiaomi Mi band 3 user guide