ByFelicity Rosa 2019-05-29 445
In the past few years, the world's drones have developed rapidly, but at the same time, it has caused more and more serious risks to civil aviation safety. There have been many incidents in the world that drones threaten the flight of civil airliners and cause the landing and landing of airports. Some aviation industry companies have even developed technologies that "capture" or "destroy" drones.
DJI Innovation announced that all new DJI models released after January 1, 2020, as long as they weigh more than 250 grams, will be equipped with AirSense technology, which will be received from nearby aircraft and helicopters. The ADS-B signal and a safety warning to the drone operator indicates that the drone may have collided with other aircraft.
This will be the largest deployment of ADS-B collision-aware technology to date, and sets new industry safety standards by applying professional-grade aviation safety technology to consumer drone products that everyone can use.
AirSense can detect aircraft and helicopters a few kilometers away, farther than the drone controller can hear or see, and display their position on the pilot's remote control's screen. It used to be available only on some professional-grade DJI drones, and some related videos have already described how it can be used to consume drones.
DJI’s AirSense commitment is the first of a ten-point plan to “enhance safety.” The plan is about how Dangjiang, other drone manufacturers and government officials around the world can maintain an impressive safety record for drones. new plan. This 10 point plan includes the following:
1. DJI will install the ADS-B receiver on all new drones weighing more than 250 grams.
2. DJI will develop a new automatic warning system for long-range drone operators.
3. DJI will establish an internal safety standards team to meet regulatory and customer expectations.
4. Aviation industry organizations must develop drone incident reporting standards.
5. All drone manufacturers should install geographical indications and remote identification.
6. governments should require drones to be able to identify remotely.
7. governments must request a convenient and quick knowledge test for new drone operators.
8. Governments should clearly define sensitive UAV flight restrictions.
9. Local authorities must be allowed to respond to apparent and serious drone threats.
10. Governments must step up enforcement efforts to combat unsafe UAV flight activities.
The DJI “Safety Improvement” program is based on a comprehensive assessment of existing UAV safety data, which concludes that most UAV event data collected by many national government regulators is misleading or useless, and It indicates that many media descriptions of airborne drone events are false or unconfirmed.
"When the public, the media, and regulators focus on those horrific events that haven't happened, they will shift people's attention away from those less sensational but more general risks," Schulman said. There has never been a confirmed collision, but the drone hit the low-flying helicopter at least twice. This led us to use AirSense as the next opportunity to make the drone safer and welcome to add the ADS-B receiver. The challenge of the consumer drone model that is already under development."
Other aviation organizations have agreed that the installation of AirSense on mainstream consumer drone products is an important step in protecting passenger airliners and helicopters as well as passengers on them. The ambitious timetable of DJI is in line with the upcoming requirements of the US Federal Aviation Administration. From January 1, 2020, basically all aircraft and helicopters will be equipped with ADS-B signal transmitters in the controlled airspace.
|You may also want to read:|
|Sony a7s III: rumors are back|
|Xiaomi Mi band 3 vs. Xiaomi Hey Plus: which one is better?|
|Xiaomi executives broke the news: Xiaomi A3 48MP camera|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
Roborock T7 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review