ByDaniel Camilo 2019-05-21 588
The connected watch Huawei Honor Watch Magic is delivered in a beautiful box classy enough:
Inside, the watch is carefully presented:
Inside, there is the watch, of course, with its adapter for charging, a small USB cable C, and a user manual.
The small adapter will be stored carefully so as not to lose it between refills. Conveniently, it plugs into USB C, which is becoming more and more the norm.
The Huawei Honor Watch Magic features a large Amoled 1.2 "color display (390 × 326 resolution for 390 DPI), which is more tactile (a slid motion from the different directions allows you to navigate between menus). On the side two buttons can wake the bracelet, return to the home screen, or start a training quickly. The frame, it is stainless steel, rather robust, with a diameter of 42.8mm to 9.8mm thick, making it a case quite in the standards of classic watches.
The Huawei Honor Watch Magic has a real watch strap, here made of a leather / silicone mix, which I really appreciate: the brown leather is really elegant, with its bites on each side, while the silicone, inside, ensures a pleasant touch around the wrist.
Important detail: it can be replaced by a standard bracelet 22mm if necessary. Huawei proudly shows it on his website.
Under the watch we discover the sensor for heart rate, as well as the two connectors for charging. The bracelet is completely waterproof up to 50m (ATM5), which allows to take a shower without problem with. The version with silicone strap will allow it to go to the pool without worry. This model "fashion" is limited on this point, because of the leather, which may not appreciate too much immersion, but by changing the bracelet, it would be quite possible to go swimming with.
For recharging, the bracelet simply comes to rest on its adapter, which is positioned alone by a magnetic contact. It is connected to a USB cable that will connect to any smartphone charger for example, since the power supply is not provided, as is often the custom. It will take a little less than two hours for a full charge.
To use it, you have to start by pairing it with your smartphone.
● Like all bracelets of this type, a mobile application is part of it. We must start by installing "Huawei Health", which will translate "Health" on the smartphone in French. Once installed, you must add the Huawei Honor Watch Magic by clicking on the small "+" at the top right.
● The Health app can be used with several types of devices from the manufacturer, as we had already seen with the Honor Band 4. So select "smart watches", then choose the Honor Watch, which will be detected automatically.
● Once detected, it is possible that the application proposes the update of the watch, which will have to let.
● The application then proposes to activate the notifications. Practical, we do not have to activate the notifications for all applications, not to be spammed with the wrist that vibrates every 30s: p In my case I have only activated SMS and notifications of my Arlo cameras, since I want to be alerted of the slightest intrusion. The other benefit of not activating all notifications is also to save a little battery of the bracelet.
● The Huawei Honor Watch Magic offers many settings, relatively common for this type of device. We will simply note the possibility of activating "TruSleep", which allows better monitoring of sleep. A message warns us, however, that this function is more energy consuming.
● In the same way, it is possible to activate the continuous monitoring of the cardiac rhythm. Again to use with caution, since this will of course discharge the battery faster. Other options include the ability to determine a time slot where you do not want to be disturbed (no notifications of such time), weather reports, notification to move us when we are still for too long or waking the screen by twisting your wrist slightly.
● We can of course set alarm clocks, which will vibrate the bracelet at the given time. A feature that I love to wake up without disturbing my wife. Note that a smart alarm function is available, allowing to be woken during a phase of light sleep (it may be a little earlier than the time requested, but waking will be less difficult during this phase).
● After some time of use, we find of course all our data on the home of the application, such as the number of steps or the duration of sleep.
● A press on it allows to have the detail, by day, week, month, or even year.
● Sleep monitoring can identify up to six different sleep disorders, and can provide up to 200 suggestions to improve your nights. The function goes much further than simply following the phases of deep sleep. She has been certified by the CBD at Harvard Medical School.
● Since the application can also start tracking a sport session: race (indoor / outdoor), walking, or bike. A coach is even proposed, with split programs, etc. if you want to train for another marathon.
At the follow-up level, heart rate warnings can be set if a certain level is exceeded.
|You may also want to read:|
|Huawei Honor watch: instructions for pairing and connecting|
|Huawei Honor Magic/Dream watch ceramic version released: coming with the pre-sale price of 1299 CNY (about $190)|
|HUAWEI HONOR Watch Magic smart watch review: small, affordable and intelligent fitness and wellness tracker|
HUAWEI Honor 10 4G Phablet FAQ
Huawei P40 and P40 Pro are on the way