ByJulio Ventura 2019-05-31 4001
Warning: Some features may not be available on all Xiaomi smartphones and MIUI versions. For reference, we used the Xiaomi Mi 9 and MIUI 10.
One of the most fun (and enjoyable) aspects of MIUI is the ability to customize the smartphone in detail, without losing the style that Xiaomi offers with its software and without using external applications.
To change the theme of your smartphone, you will first need to download new ones. To do this, simply open the Themes application on your home page. You will immediately be redirected to the online store where you can search, download or purchase new appearances for your smartphone.
You can then decide to apply the entire theme or only certain parts (for example if you only like the icons or the font used). This allows you to create practically your own theme by mixing the different downloaded themes.
You can also check the packages you have downloaded.
That's right, no screen is perfect. But what we can do with MIUI is to customize your appearance to satisfy us as much as possible. By going to Settings > Screen, you will have access to a large number of screen customizations:
▪ Playback mode - Reduces blue light on the screen so as not to tire the eyes. You can program the activation and deactivation of the function at specific times or after sunset.
▪ Colors and contrasts - Here you can change the white temperature and the intensity of color saturation.
▪ Always on - By activating this switch, you can see the time, date and notification icons, even when the screen is "off". This is especially useful if your smartphone has an AMOLED display.
▪ System font - The type and size of the font can be customized from this section.
▪ Double press to wake up - Activate this voice to wake your smartphone with a double press on the off screen instead of pressing the power button.
▪ Rise to wake - Similar to the function implemented by Apple on its iPhone, it allows you to activate the screen when you lift your smartphone.
▪ Dark mode - On Android stock, this mode will only come with Android Q but on some Xiaomi smartphones it is already available. This dark mode will change the white theme of your smartphone to one that is more appropriate for night and energy saving.
MIUI has specific options that will allow you to display additional information in the status bar (the bar that changes color depending on the application at the top of the screen, where the phone signal, WIFI, Bluetooth icon bars are located, etc.).
Go to Settings > Notifications and Status Bar, from there you can customize some entries:
▪ Notification Files - The mobile user interface will group notifications that you report as unimportant into a separate folder.
▪ Show connection speed - To see in real time the speed of the data or WIFI connection to which you are connected.
▪ Change the operator name - Do you want to call the first SIM "Private" and the second SIM "Work"? This is the option you need.
▪ Battery charge indicator - The remaining battery charge can be displayed graphically or in percentage.
Unlock your smartphone without touching the fingerprint reader.
If there's one feature I find really practical, it's the presence of the unlocking with facial recognition, with a smile. With this biometric unlocking method, you can unlock your smartphone using your face, which is very fast. On some Xiaomi, the function is even faster than the fingerprint reader!
To do this, go to Settings > Unlock Screen and Password > Add Face Data.
Do you often need to use multiple accounts in social or email applications because of your hobby or work? Many applications allow you to quickly switch accounts, but not all. Xiaomi has the solution, you can split the applications you are interested in to use them with two different accounts simultaneously!
You can find the Clone application function at the bottom of the settings by scrolling down. This element allows you to choose which applications to share in a simple and intuitive way.
MIUI also takes a look at privacy with many features designed for application and data security. In the Application Lock element of the Settings, you can choose to block some of your applications to prevent them from being opened by curious people in case you lend your smartphone to someone. No one will be able to take care of your business anymore!
Now that you've calibrated your screen, customized your smartphone and secured your applications, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Did you know that the MIUI clock application has a function designed for meditation and relaxation? Simply open the application, go to Timer and under the time selector, you can choose between different relaxing sounds:
▪ Summer night
Do you have any other tips or tricks for Xiaomi and MIUI smartphones? Write them here in the comments to help other fans of the brand!
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Roborock S6 review: a powerful robot vacuum cleaner|
|New Dell XPS 15 9580: what is needed for the 2019 edition|
|Huawei has registered "Hong Meng": name of Huawei OS|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)