How to know whether a mobile phone will work in my country? Many people may wonder before buying a new cell phone. In this article, we'll show you how to use the Band Class Chart and the GSM Bands Chart to find out the truth.
Take Xiaomi Mi 8 4G Smartphone, Brazil, for instance, this following picture shows the phone's supported band classes. Say, you want to know whether this phone will work with 3G or 4G in Brazil.
Step 1. Find out your country's frequency and the band class Mi 8 supports.
● GSM B2/B3/B5/B8 CDMA1X/EVDO BC0 (support all 2G bands)
● WCDMA: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8 (3G)
● TD-SCDMA: B34/B39 (3G)
● FDD-LTE: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B17/B20 (4G)
● TD-LTE: B34/B38/B39/B40/B41 (4G)
Step 2. Check out the 3G & 4G frequency Mi 8 supports (Use the radio interfaces chart)
● WCDMA: 2100/1900/1700/850/900 (3G)
● TD-SCDMA: N/a(3G)
● FDD-LTE: 2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/900/700ac/700bc/800DD (4G)
● TD-LTE: 2600/2300/2500 (4G)
Step 3. Check out the 3G & 4G frequency of Brazil (Click B in the country list)
Step 4. Compare the data and find out that Xiaomi Mi 8 supports bands in Brazil:
● Support all 2G bands
● WCDMA: B1/B2/B5(3G)
● TD-SCDMA: not support (3G)
● FDD-LTE: B3/B7(4G)
● TD-LTE: B38 (4G)
The carrier with good compatibility is Claro, which supports 3G 1900/2100 and 4G LTE 2600MHz. Also TIM, Nextel and Vivo are good too. So Xiaomi Mi 8 can work well in Brazil.
Hope this helps!