Ever heard of the Chinese made Roidmi F8 cordless vacuum?
As a cordless stick vacuum designed to be versatile, long lasting, and contain a powerful performance, we are here to discover if the design meets the reality.
Continue reading below to discover if the Roidmi F8 is the right cordless vacuum for you.
What about the aesthetic?
The overall aesthetic of this stick vacuum is sleek. An all-white color scheme with a few red color pops makes for one of the most modern and forward-looking vacuums we’ve tested to date. Here again, the aesthetic does resemble a Dyson V-series stick vacuum in many ways.
How Roidmi F8 Cleans?
The Roidmi cleans through two main processes:
- Soft roller tool is used to lift dust, dirt, and debris on hard floor surfaces without damaging them.
- Multi-surface tool is used to clean through agitation. This method is primarily used for carpets, helping to lift and remove hair, as well as dig deeper into the fibers of the carpet.
Cleaning with the soft roller head is most efficient when used on hard floor surfaces. The soft head is able to smoothly roll over both small and large debris, helping to create a smoother vacuuming session.
Soft roller brush in the Roidmi F8 cleaning head
Multi-Surface Cleaning Head
The multi-surface cleaning head cleans through agitation and suction. Although this head can be used on hard floors, it is best used on carpeted surfaces. Reason being, this cleaning head works to agitate and lift dirt and debris out of the fibers of a carpet.
Roidmi F8 multi surface cleaning head It’s definitely nice getting both the soft roller head and multi-surface cleaning head in one package. These heads are similar to Dyson’s V10 Absolute, and other Absolute models offered on the V6, V7, and V8.
The Roidmi F8 also has three power modes for cleaning:
- standard suction
- medium suction
- max suction
You can swap between these modes by pressing the power button until you have cycled to the suction mode you desire. Users will notice a difference in the sound as well as the overall performance.
Pressing the power button both turns the vacuum on/off and changes the suction mode
The standard suction can be used for longer cleaning sessions that do not need extra power.
On the other hand…
The medium and max mode can be used when more power is required. That said, your total run time will be decreased when using the higher suction modes.
Roidmi Size & Dimensions:
The Roidmi F8 cordless vacuum is a touch smaller than some of the other stick vacuums we have tested thus far. This specific model comes in at 42″ tall, 10″ wide, and has a total weight of 3.3 lbs.
Length – 42″
Width (cleaning head) – 10″
Depth – 6″
Weight – 3.3 lbs
Roidmi F8 Accessories & Parts:
This stick vacuum includes a good number of extra parts and accessories. Everything included helps to enhance the overall versatility of the vacuum, in addition to the maintenance of the unit.
The Roidmi stick vacuum includes the following accessories:
- Soft roller brush: A soft roller cleaning head is included with the Roidmi. This cleaning head is best used when cleaning on hard floor surfaces.
- Multi-surface brushroll: Instead of providing another cleaning head, Roidmi included a multi-surface brushroll that can be inserted into the cleaning head, in place of the soft roller brush. This brushroll is best used on carpeted surfaces.
- Soft pipe extension: A flexible hose is also included with the Roidmi. This accessory is to be used as an attachment when in handheld mode, allowing for more flexibility.
- Crevice tool: The crevice tool works to get into the nooks and crannies that cannot be reached with a standard cleaning head. This tool can be used when in stick or handheld mode.
- Charger: A pin-connecting charger is included with the Roidmi stick vacuum. The charger plugs into the wall and then connects to the Roidmi at the top of the handle – through a pin connector.
- Wall mount: A magnetic wall mount holds the vacuum on the wall when it is not being used.
- Filter: An extra filter is included with the Roidmi. This is a nice addition, as you do not have to worry about purchasing another filter right off of the back. Roidmi has you covered with the extra filter.
- Mini-motorized brushroll: A smaller version of the cleaning head with a multi-surface brushroll is included with the purchase of a Roidmi stick vacuum. This cleaning tool can be used when the vacuum is in handheld or stick mode and is best used to help lift pet hair or other debris off of furniture in your home.
- Dusting tool: A soft bristle dusting brush allows users to dust / vacuum delicate items in their home.
- Cleaning tool: A cleaning tool is included to help remove tangles in the brushroll as well as dirt / debris from the filters.
With the large number of extra cleaning tools and accessories included with the Roidmi, there is not much of a need to look for other parts.
This vacuum comes with a wide variety of tools that allow users to clean a wide array of surfaces in both handheld vacuum and stick vacuum mode.
Each of the aforementioned debris types was spread across our testing lane. The base surface of our testing lane is an engineered hardwood floor. For our carpet tests, we slide in a low pile and high pile carpet insert on top of the hardwood floor.
Testing Debris – From left to right: Rice (3 oz.), Kitty Litter (3 oz), Cereal (1 oz), Sugar (3 oz)
Our vacuum cleaning process strives to be as consistent, fair, and true to real world use as possible. Our tests utilize the following procedure:
- Measure the weight of the testing debris and the weight of the empty vacuum debris container.
- Spread the respective debris type evenly across the central portion of the testing lane.
- Run the vacuum cleaner over the testing lane.
- Measure the weight of the now filled container and take notes on the cleaning performance.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
The hardwood floor cleaning tests were a success for the Roidmi. All debris types were cleaned up at a level of 99% or higher.
Low Pile Carpet Cleaning
The low pile carpet tests were similar to the hardwood floor tests for the most part. There was more of an issue with the sugar as well as the same issue with cereal (clogging).
So here’s the results:
Kitty litter and rice were no match for the Roidmi, but the sugar and cereal lead to some extra work for the vacuum cleaner.
First up, sugar. The sugar test was a bit of a surprise. After running the Roidmi over 3 oz of sugar spread across our testing lane, the vacuum was only able to suck up 82% of the sugar. By doing so, there was still a clearly visible 18% of sugar left within the fibers of the carpet.
Roidmi F8 low pile carpet cleaning tests
As a low pile carpet, I somewhat expected the Roidmi F8 to get at least 90% of the sugar. That said, we were able to run this stick vacuum over the remaining sugar – in max suction mode – which was able to grab 14% of the remaining 18%. Still not a perfect score, but much better than the original results.
I’m sure you’re wondering about cereal:
Once again, cereal created a clog in the dust bin, meaning most of the cereal was not able to make its way into the dust bin. We then saw more cereal dumped onto our testing lane after powering the vacuum off.
High Pile Carpet Cleaning
Last but not least, the high pile carpet cleaning test.
Rice, kitty litter, and sugar all proved to be simple messes for the Roidmi.
On the other hand, the cereal was much more of a challenge from the get-go of this test. Unlike the hardwood floor and low pile carpet tests, the cereal was only sucked up 48% of the way before clogging.
Roidmi F8 high pile carpet cleaning tests
After sucking up 48% of the cereal, the Roidmi was not able to suck up any of the remaining cereal. Therefore, a decent mess was left on our high pile carpet.
One positive note…
The high pile sugar test was much more of a success for the Roidmi. The vacuum automatically noticed it was working on a thicker carpet and moved itself into max suction mode. By doing so the vacuum was able to suck up 98% of the sugar.
The dust bin is an interesting piece of the puzzle. Removing the dust bin from the body of the Roidmi is not difficult, as there is a small button on the bottom of the bin that can be depressed to release the bin.
Unlike most stick vacuums, the Roidmi includes one cleaning head with two different brushrolls. Therefore, users have the option of rotating the bruhsroll on the vacuum but will use the same head with each brushroll.
That said, changing the brushrolls was also a bit different than most. There is a small latch that has to be slid in order to pop off a piece of plastic, allowing users to change the brushroll. In my opinion, this was not easily identified and a less intuitive way to change the brushroll.
While it may be tightly secured with the plastic piece covering the edge of the brushroll, I do believe a better method could have been used to swap out each brush.
Being able to go from a stick vacuum to a handheld vacuum is one of the biggest benefits with the Roidmi stick vacuum. The process is quick and painless. Simply depress the connecting button on the wand (stick) and remove the attached piece.
From there, users have the option of connecting any piece they would like to the stick or directly into the body of the vacuum.
The Roidmi F8 can also be used as a handheld vacuum
The versatility this vacuum offers gives users the opportunity to clean a wider array of areas, more efficiently.
The big surprise on the Roidmi F8?
Roidmi also offers a smartphone app. After using this app for just a few minutes, I am impressed. There is no setup required. Once you have downloaded the app, it automatically connects to your Roidmi via Bluetooth technology.
From there, you have the ability to check on virtually every facet of the vacuum cleaner. For example, users can check on the status of their filter within the Roidmi. The app will tell you the remaining life of the filter and its current status, with regard to cleaning time and distance.
App user interface for the Roidmi F8 stick vacuum
This is just one of the many options available within the app offered by Roidmi.
Maneuverability on the Roidmi is quite good. The ability of this vacuum to swap from stick to handheld mode in less than a minute is a major benefit.
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Suction: 115AW
- Height: 42″
- Modes: 3
The Roidmi F8 stick vacuum maneuvers well. Turning, laying flat, and squeezing into tight spots are some of its best features with regard to maneuverability.
The Roidmi F8 turns with ease
The most annoying part…
Yet, the height of this stick vacuum did feel a bit off. It was almost as if it needed to be a bit taller in order for me to comfortably clean. While I am a taller person (6’1″), my wife, Samantha, is much shorter (5’6″) than I am and had a similar feeling when using the vacuum.
You’re probably wondering about handheld use:
While in handheld mode, I did not have any complaints around maneuverability. The Roidmi is light enough to carry around and comes with a good number of extra tools and attachments that make cleaning different areas of my home extremely easy.
The overall maneuverability of the Roidmi is solid, but the height is one area where I would have liked to see a bit of improvement.
|Floor Type||All (indoor)|
|Dust Bin Capacity||0.4 L|
- Design – overall design was great. I would have liked to see a washable lifetime filter and a slightly longer design, but those were the only negatives.
- Performance – the problems with cereal clogging resulted in missed points. Biggest disappointment was sugar tests on low pile carpet and cereal on high pile. Otherwise, overall performance was great.
- Quality – Build quality looks and feels fantastic. Not much to complain about here. If it holds up over time it could earn more points.
- Usability – 2-in-1-design, lots of tools / attachments, and app control? One of the most impressively easy to use vacuums we’ve tested.
- Value – Not cheap, but not over priced other. You get a lot for what you pay for. The unknown on the battery replacement leaves a little something to be desired.S
The Roidmi F8 is a cordless stick vacuum with great power, versatility, and adaptability. The 55 minute run time is more than long enough for most users. There are a ton of extra attachments and tools. We saw a few slight hiccups on our low carpet sugar tests and cereal tests, but overall, cleaning performance was top notch. It’s not expensive, but also not cheap. An overall good value that many users would find an excellent vacuum for all around the home.